• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WT-990 carb upgrade plus more

Dupp

trace the 2 gas lines back to the gas tank. the fuel line with the filter in the gas tank goes to the bottom- lower inlet of the carb. pull the spark plug. put the cap on it- ground out the plug in the area it threads into. in a shaded area, turn on the radio- pull the starter cord- look for spark on the plug. even if you have to hold the plug- its a weak spark- not like some g.m hei ignition- its not gonna knock you across the room-- as for the bolts- just tighten in a X pattern, little bit here- go to next bolt- little bit at a time on each one. once the gearbox is seated- just approx 1/8 turn more on each bolt.-- on the new carb-- if the gas lines are correct, and the carb is in correct working order- you can push the bulb forever and it will not add a drop of gas into the engine. The bulb simply purges the air out of the carb body. It should actually be called a purge bulb, not a primer bulb-- but thats just my way of thinking i suppose. best of luck to you.

All gas lines are good and hooked up where they need to be. Absolutely no spark, even with a brand new plug. I think it's gota be smthin with the kill switch which doesn't make sense. It's all plug n play. No room for error. I also don't kno what yr talking about the primer bulb? Everything i've ever owned if u prime the bulb it places gas into it
. Blower, weed eater, even this truck b4 i started modding.

Phill

I havnt yet bc i was trying to avoid taking the engine off again for the 8th time.. plus its all plug n play. I was just hoping for smthin simple.

No need to take motor out
Just take the fan cover off

Dupp

I have a turtle racing pull start. I had to bend the frame to even get it to fit. The motor Has to come out.. but on a bright side I figured out the problem. Thank you all for the help!

Dupp

The killer bee switch is all plug n play. So I just plugged everything in where it needed to be like a normal install. I bought the truck used and knew nothing about it but turns out after tearing it all down again I was plugging the kill switch into another dynamite kill switch. I had no idea. It was all tucked away and hidden nicely in the battery compartment but everything plugged in perfect? It's always the simple stuff. For upgrades, I recommend every mod I did. Totally different Beast!
What was it?

Phill

The killer bee switch is all plug n play. So I just plugged everything in where it needed to be like a normal install. I bought the truck used and knew nothing about it but turns out after tearing it all down again I was plugging the kill switch into another dynamite kill switch. I had no idea. It was all tucked away and hidden nicely in the battery compartment but everything plugged in perfect? It's always the simple stuff. For upgrades, I recommend every mod I did. Totally different Beast!

Thanks for the reply
It might help someone else in the same position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts