• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WT-813 modded!!

alfred e numan

Sorry bout the out of focus photos. its hard to photo on the car. This is the sweet spot for the 813. This butterfly had to be shaped entirely diffrent than the non accelator pump equipped carbs. Much wider. The lsn is set between the lean drop off point and the rich drop off point @ 70 degrees -about 1 1/8 turn out. the hsn is 1 turn out. -32-1 ratio. Zero bog- The pump on the 813 is a little late in the circut- this mod fills in the gap right off idle. The butterfly is nearly closed- no more bottomed idle screw! The groove you see directs the flow to where it should be- over the holes and close to the high speed check valve. This is on a cy29 - xb car- I gotta wonder what this carb would do to a big motor-- Yes, 1 turn on the hsn sounds lean. its not. its because of the 1" velocity stack forces so much more flow to the bore @ high rpm. Folks, this carb rocks- butterflys are cheap-90cents. give it a try.

alfred e numan

alfred e numan said:
Sorry bout the out of focus photos. its hard to photo on the car. This is the sweet spot for the 813. This butterfly had to be shaped entirely diffrent than the non accelator pump equipped carbs. Much wider. The lsn is set between the lean drop off point and the rich drop off point @ 70 degrees -about 1 1/8 turn out. the hsn is 1 turn out. -32-1 ratio. Zero bog- The pump on the 813 is a little late in the circut- this mod fills in the gap right off idle. The butterfly is nearly closed- no more bottomed idle screw! The groove you see directs the flow to where it should be- over the holes and close to the high speed check valve. This is on a cy29 - xb car- I gotta wonder what this carb would do to a big motor-- Yes, 1 turn on the hsn sounds lean. its not. its because of the 1" velocity stack forces so much more flow to the bore @ high rpm. Folks, this carb rocks- butterflys are cheap-90cents. give it a try.
Let me try photos agan---- Yes, the photos are not sharp. They do get the idea across though.

alfred e numan

I did not change the pressure spring. just re adjusted the needle lever to just a hair under flush with the carbs body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts