• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Worn Throttle Shaft

hamster huey

I have over 35 tanks on my first 668 carb. The throttle shaft wore at about 22 tanks to where it wont hold an idle without putting some tension on the linkage through subtrim to force it to hold an idle. Mooman I saw in a post yours is worn also. You can buy the throttle shaft seperately and a carb rebuild kit. I have torn my carb apart its pretty simple. Has anyone rebuilt and replaced the throttle shaft with much luck? Supposedly the throttle shaft wears because its soft brass.

hamster huey

Thats exactly what I was thinking about the orings! I was also hoping the hole the shaft goes through is not worn as I can not find the carb "block" anywhere. Im hoping the shaft is softer to prevent wear to the block but I guess Ill see later.

max 1

The Shaft Is Softer ,is Very Simmple To Do.i Had To Replace Mine In My 813,cas The Shaft Is Bras I Do Belive,

Piranha2

Contributor
When my 4thheadgasket went on saturday, I wiggled the throttle shaft and same thing....air leak, I was thinking a quick fix would be to put some grease around the shaft????

Piranha2

Contributor
MOO, 2 BLUE 2 BLACK....well, now 3rd black one :D and I'm using the GREY Permatex now, THANKS !!!

kryptonite

is there any connection to all you guys running the hpi filter with the reversed throttle/brake linkage? it seems it would put some stress on the carb linkage, but i wouldnt think that much. im not sure, just asking. im not running hpi filters. i guess a throttle linkage every now and again is cheaper then a new top end..

hardcore

cool!! good imfo, thanks a bunch, im on my 3rd gallon of fuel, broke my pipe off today, put the stk one on to get some runs, wow!!! don't know what you got till its gone, !!! yuk.!!

hardcore

some one please show me the proper set up for the throttle / brake set up. i have seen them both ways, thanks.

hardcore

thats how i did it , crossed up, had my douhts by looking at it, seems to work the best, sorry about the spelling, my hi scool yeers consist ed of 2 yeers of wood harvesty.cut wood boy you can graduete. ended up a crane operator for 15 years, now retired. opend a shop, sell redcat, and superlift, superswamper, happy as a clam, less stress,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts