• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

wondering if I should convert to TT

volitan

I have a MT right now and I am curious to know If I should try out converting to a TT.Why did you guys with the TT chose it instead of the Mt?

volitan

SO in order to convert,I would need to change the rims and tires,then what is the gearing that I would need?

Other than those obvious 2 what would be required?

emu67

The TT has a 29/31/25/25. I believe the MT already has the 25/25 so you would need a 29/31 to gear I to TT wheels. I use a 30/30 and thar seems to work pretty good.

Obeast44

Banned
Also you will need the rear wing, rear wing tabs and rear wing posts+ hardware. The MT gearing is 25/35/25/25, the TTs gearing is 29/31/25/25. So you will need a 29 and a 31 tooth gear.

volitan

The Mt is pretty cool but i figured converting it to TT with a 30.5 ONB with gived me lots more speed,of course im sure that dragging those big mt tires slows the thing down alot..I guess I will see the difference when I try it out :)

lvh

Yea it's a big diff. I have a tt and just put the MT tires,gears and a 8000rpm clutch spring on it, i like how big it is and can't wait for the snow but i will be going back to the buggy tires after winter it's just funner handles better, takes off faster and just all around better.IMO. don't get me wrong the MT tires look cool and massive:D. I think you will be happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts