• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Won’t idle

Redredcat0223

Not sure but I think it’s bad fuel,truck has always ran great but today I filled the tank with my fuel that I use but it stays stored in my house and is 5 months old ,I shook the can before filling,the truck started up fine ran fine fir about 1 min then just shut off and wouldn’t start back up unless I was full throttle on the remote and let it take off but after awhile it slowly started to bog down and have no power then just died,I reset the carb needles with it on a box and got it running but still had to give it throttle and it will not idle at all ,there are no leaks of any kind anywhere,could this be a bad fuel situation,any help I greatly appreciate

biggo

Not sure but I think it’s bad fuel,truck has always ran great but today I filled the tank with my fuel that I use but it stays stored in my house and is 5 months old ,I shook the can before filling,the truck started up fine ran fine fir about 1 min then just shut off and wouldn’t start back up unless I was full throttle on the remote and let it take off but after awhile it slowly started to bog down and have no power then just died,I reset the carb needles with it on a box and got it running but still had to give it throttle and it will not idle at all ,there are no leaks of any kind anywhere,could this be a bad fuel situation,any help I greatly appreciate

I;m running fuel from last summer so no, highly doubt its a fuel issue. Have you checked the linkage or your transmitter settings? Have you tried adjusting the idle screw?

V8srfun

I wonder if you got a piece of dirt or something in your carb. I would disassemble it and clean it.

Redredcat0223

Sorry haven’t checked in,in awhile but thank you for all your guys help and believe it or not it was something totally different,I put the truck up on a box and noticed it wanted to make all 4 wheels spin when you pulled the pullstart do the light bulb went off Lol it’s gotta be the clutch or a gear and sure as shit one of the 8,000 rpm springs moved out just a tiny bit and was not letting it free spin when idling,so I took it apart fixed the spring and runs like a freakin top again,still learning but wow how out of the box something could be but thank you guys again I really appreciate it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online