• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Winterizing??

Mike6000

Gettin' cold in PA and have my gear out in the workshop, things are protected well from the elements but unheated. So cold moist conditions will occur. With proper prep, empty fuel, clean and lube, maybe even oil up the cylinder, do you think there would be any harmful effects from this exposure. Servos, electronics, rust! ?? Appreciate any opinions as always.

G

Your cylinder should be ok. There should be a film left from the 2stroke oil. A bit of WD40 or similar will keep surface off the steel parts.

Boatracer1000

Winterizing the engine?

Hi everyone, my name is Shaun. I recently got a rampage xt in a trade deal. I have not really had a chance to run it yet - needs steering servo. The weather here in NJ is starting to get cold, I doubt I will have a chance to take it out anytime soon. Is there anything I should do to winterize the engine? I'm sure this is a common question but what gas / oil ratio is everyone using? Is anyone using any fuel stabilizer?

MNRampage

Getting cold in MN also. I use a little marvel mystery oil in the cylinder then turn it over a couple pulls. WD 40 on metal parts. Remember to bring all your batteries inside,the cold will damage them.

G

Remember to bring all your batteries inside,the cold will damage them.
Great point!

viperaider

I 3rd about cold damaging the batteries. as far as the engine goes...dry it all out. old fuel in a carb is bad. luckily these little things are easy to clean. the engine itself doesn't care whatever you do to it. me...ill leave the bugger in my garage all winter next to the weedeater. more than likely old fuel will run fine in it but id spare a few bucks to get some fresh gas and oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts