• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Winter Hop Ups...

Stumpdiggitty

doing a bit of a winter upgrade on the XSC since its too frickin cold outside to play.... just recv'd my Hitec 5765MH (it'll be nice to finally have a nice steering servo!) and ESP Fully ported Zen G240RC, (any thoughts on this motor?) also getting 7075 C hubs and HPI adapters with some Split Six Fronts with Mickey Thompson MTZ tires here next week. can't wait for the thaw!! post vids as soon as its done...any suggestions for shock upgrades??

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

I just changed out my shock oil...

The stock stuff seemed to seperate a little?

The top stuff was thin, and the bottom was thicker and a little black/grey.

I went with 70 w , a bit thick maybe, but a big difference in the rebound/bounce.

Stumpdiggitty

nicee to know. i've been wondering about shock oil weight.... thanks!! :D

BertR

Its not fricken cold its only 3° outside lol. What happend to the 290? I ran my truck sunday and the dt1 filter looked like a frozen twinky haha. Your build sounds tuff as nails! Cant wait to go run

Stumpdiggitty

aaahhhhh the 290... well, after installing the copper gaskets, and my first time using a torque wrench, i stripped one of the headbolts... so i took all the parts from the 290, and put them on the stock engine.. (got a tapping set, so i'll fix the strip,) and have a nice spare engine (2 spares actually) incase u need one Bert!! lol....seems just as fast.... but wanted the reliability of the Zen...after seeing how easy the bumper snapped off the other day in the cold, i think i'll keep it inside till it warms up to about 30 hahaha...i don't need to go breaking anything...again....

BertR

I hear you on the cold temps!! I cant even get through a 1/4 tank before I tap out like a little sissy lol. I was born and raised here and it gets to me from time to time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts