• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Will Walbro 990 carb work on Rampage XT?

hulkmaxx

Hey guys new to forum but not really RC. Question is anyone running the Walbro 990 carb? Is it direct bolt on? I know there's no choke. Was told it was direct bolt on no prob with linkage etc. Was told that's best carb for these engines. I've ordered a Walbro 668 also just in case. The stock carb diagram crapped out and runs like crap and primer bulb doesn't hold fuel at all. I also ordered a new fuel tank and lines. If the walbro 990 is that good I'll order one for my chimera also cause choke lever is busted on it. Also noticed that all my redcat don't run on 32:1 mix but fire right up on 25:1 is this normal? My 5b would run fine on 32:1.

IMG_20170520_092509.jpg

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Hey @hulkmaxx glad to see you here on the forum, welcome!

Yes the Walbro 990 will fit the Redcat Rampage XT and there's been a few people here who have used it and seemed to like it nicely.

hulkmaxx

Yah thanks woodie. It's on truck now. Wondering if anyone's had the stock redcats not starting on a 32:1 mix? Mine only runs on 25:1.

bazinga

I have a Rampage XT also and stayed right with the 25:1 mixture and have had no problems at all with mine. Stock carb and no needle adj.why fix something that's not broken.

Phill

Hey guys new to forum but not really RC. Question is anyone running the Walbro 990 carb? Is it direct bolt on? I know there's no choke. Was told it was direct bolt on no prob with linkage etc. Was told that's best carb for these engines. I've ordered a Walbro 668 also just in case. The stock carb diagram crapped out and runs like crap and primer bulb doesn't hold fuel at all. I also ordered a new fuel tank and lines. If the walbro 990 is that good I'll order one for my chimera also cause choke lever is busted on it. Also noticed that all my redcat don't run on 32:1 mix but fire right up on 25:1 is this normal? My 5b would run fine on 32:1.

View attachment 13636

The 990 is great if you like having starting probs.
Check the specs and you'll see the 668 is the exact same carb except for the choke.
I chucked my 990 and put the 668 on.
Been smiling ever since.

hulkmaxx

I have a Rampage XT also and stayed right with the 25:1 mixture and have had no problems at all with mine. Stock carb and no needle adj.why fix something that's not broken.
Because mine doesn't run for crap with stock carb. Horrible starting issues. My chimera is same pita to get started. My 5b never had start issues at all lol!

hulkmaxx

Because mine doesn't run for crap with stock carb. Horrible starting issues. My chimera is same pita to get started. My 5b never had start issues at all lol!
I purchased a 668 just to see which carb I like best. So far stock carbs on both my redcats have been horrible to start. Chimera new coil new plug new fuel tank new line has crazy good spark getting fuel still will not run.

hulkmaxx

Just switched over to the walbro 668 carb works like a fine tuned machine. Didn't even need to tune carb. Never ran better actually. Gonna order two more and put up for my next purchase a rampage mt!

Phill

Just switched over to the walbro 668 carb works like a fine tuned machine. Didn't even need to tune carb. Never ran better actually. Gonna order two more and put up for my next purchase a rampage mt!

If the XT comes with a 32cc it should have an 1170 on it already.
If it's a 30cc the 668 will do the job

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.