• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

will this work for a engine

twinmill57

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4519/.f

and do you recommend there pipe or something else? Is anybody running a silencer on theirs? Thanks i think my engine is not going to last the guy rigged a k&N on it and I thought it was tight enough but i went bashing the other day and didn't notice it came off and after going threw some sand and dirt notice it was off not good but give me a excuse to put a bigger engine in it.

LightForce

twinmill57 said:
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4519/.f
and do you recommend there pipe or something else? Is anybody running a silencer on theirs? Thanks i think my engine is not going to last the guy rigged a k&N on it and I thought it was tight enough but i went bashing the other day and didn't notice it came off and after going threw some sand and dirt notice it was off not good but give me a excuse to put a bigger engine in it.
Will work it`s a good engine, get the Dominator side pipe for it . I have the same motor and pipe on mine runs good.

DemonRC

Deluge said:
If you have the cash, go for a 4 bolt Zen.
I concurr. 4 Bolt is the way to go. 2 bolt cylinders and crankcases are not even close to being gasket matched. You have to spend about 30 minutes on them with a dremel to get rid of the power loss associated with the parts not matching. 4 bolts are not perfectly matched either in 2 areas but for the most part it's close enough.

Keith81

Deluge said:
That's the engine I run. You could get a JetPro side pipe with a silencer.
I run the jetpro side pipe as well, havent used my silencer as of yet, but it is kinda loud, lol, maybe I should try the silencer... Did you have any power loss with the silencer?

Mister Insane

Is anyone running the stock engine with a x can and 2 dominator silencers, i want to know if i will lose power

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online