• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

whoa

alfred e numan

one time derik and i were headed to kayak in lake ufalla OK. camped on a abandoned rail road bed- bout dark, the sky turned red-blue-green- watched a twister barreling down the old rail bed- i said to a-rab- "nicname" he was white from upstate NY, its been good to kayak with ya a-rab!-- the twister cone lifted, went over our camp- and set down in Eric,OK.- you could hear the metal buildings being ripped apart- next am, we went there- the place was tore up bad- - We were in these things all the way to tennisee- got so bad east of nashville, we ran the truck in a tunnel 1/2 way under the interstate- a farmers acess tunnel- linked the fields together- lightning never strikes twice in the same place? B.S. - we watched it hit a solid steel rod about 10 foot out of the ground- 3 times in about 60 seconds- it got red hot!- Next morning- we hauled ass to Lafollette, tenn, went to the mountian where my dad was raised- it was safe there-Nice old cabin- tillman walden told us lightning tales- he watched it hit a fencepost 1/2 mile away- travel underground in a water vein- come up tru the floor of the house- and set the bed on fire- scary huh?

Ildy666

Man u should have your own show on public access channel.u could tell all your stories.there better than some shows on tv.let me know if u need a sidekick like Waynes world..lol...

caveman

Ildy666 said:
Man u should have your own show on public access channel.u could tell all your stories.there better than some shows on tv.let me know if u need a sidekick like Waynes world..lol...
Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. And Alfred you are one of those people I cpuld listen to for a long time. I'm home now and no power and without my phone I'd be lost :D . About the lightning not striking twice is bs. I was at camp sitting on shore and watched lightning hit the same bolder three times in the water. :eek:

alfred e numan

Idly, i have the scars to prove the stories too!! I should tell bout why you do NOT camp @ the end of a box cayon on a indian reservation on there monthly payday--- whisky drunk fools with a big bonfire in the middle of the road- scalp me? not a chance in he#@ boys! - wonder the fire did not set the truck on fire as i was excaping---lol

alfred e numan

the darned dog-

This ones pretty good- Sunday, I went to the city to the hobby shop to pick up my wire bending jig. Took the dog with me. @ the edge of town, i needed a cup of coffee to get home- went to Burger king- there was quite the line up @ the drive tru, on the side of the building headed to the pay place- its all glass walled with lots of people-kids eating-The dogs rope was too loose- he could put his nose aganst the glass- these little kids were waveing french fries agging Spank on- the cars moved forward- next booth there was these 2 big round Mexican women scarfing double by-pass burgers- agan, spank puts his nose to the window- I looked moments later - Spank was salavating like Pavlovs dog-- Every one was pointing at the dog and laughing-- Those 2 hippos found little humor-- they turned sideways- and wrapped there armaround the burgers as if the dog was gonna steal there food or something--Honestly- it took every thing i had to act like nothing was happening-- what a riot!

G

Twisters.... Way intense, always wanted to see one close but not too close, if ya know what I mean. The dust devils we get here in AZ are fun to watch but nothing like a tornado.

alfred e numan

When i first moved to Ajo, I kept seeing little white things way high up in the air- ufo? broke out the field glasses took a look, they were those disposable plastic shopping bags. no kidding! the only thing i could figure - its the air thermals in the desert- and dust devils. - the dust devils pulled them off the street-bare ground- pushed them up- then the hot air thermals took over- these were at least a mile in the air-- if not more on ocassion. I had to wonder what the guys flying patterns in the F16s around the outskirts of Ajo thought when they saw these!!-- There are some good deals on homes down there- nothing fancy- the company houses built by Phelps Dodge long time ago -- the 3br i bought was framed entirely with redwood- termite proof!- I made a lot of cash money there- big time- we worked 7 days a week- only time we stopped was to get supplies in Phonex, and give our hands a chance to heal-- skin dry out and crack down to the muscle- stucco- concrete ya know-- I want to move back---

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts