• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Who wants better drive cups?

Clubin

Banned
I do, it doesn't matter what they are worth. I broke 2 yesterday and third has cracks on it. I was just curious to know if any one else would be interested in finding a solution.

I tempered a couple as per moo's instructions, so we'll see today.

The tempered ones aren't any softer/harder I touched them with a file, and couldn't honestly notice any difference. Time will tell.

Lizardking

I still can't believe there aren't any aftermarket ones yet. I seen the thread from Python talking about upgrades and than nothing....a lot of talk but no action.

speedyd

Banned
i still havent got my cups from bill at nitro pit /one hobbies. i have even called them. i told him he has a great oppertunity to sell some more parts ........ maybe if he would get a few more calls it would help.

www.onehobbies.com

onehobbies

13059 W. Grand Ave.

in Surprise, AZ

mooman007uk

Banned
Clubin said:
I do, it doesn't matter what they are worth. I broke 2 yesterday and third has cracks on it. I was just curious to know if any one else would be interested in finding a solution.
I tempered a couple as per moo's instructions, so we'll see today.

The tempered ones aren't any softer/harder I touched them with a file, and couldn't honestly notice any difference. Time will tell.
you wont be able to tell the difference externally, If tempered right the hardness will remain the same but the brittleness is tempered out...it relieves the stress that hardening causes.

I beat the hell out of mine yesterday and broke the only untreated cup in my rig that I left in as a control. Another few tanks and we'll see if the problem has been fixed...i'm hoping a set from Rob will show up soon so I can test the rehardened ones (these should have been heated to cherry and quenched then tempered to work right)

flint mann

I have yet to break any drive cups. I have burnt up a set of cd gears and a set of ab gears bent a few dogbones but no drive cups as yet.

kdfi

Last edited by a moderator:

looker2756

Contributor
We have a solution in the works. We have been testing now with no problems. Production will be finished in about 1-2 weeks. I'll keep you informed on this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts