• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Who wants a big-bore shock?

Who wants a big-bore shock?

• No, the current shocks work fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell ya!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DemonRC

Ok I'm about sick of running 20mm shocks. Anybody interested in a big bore shock around 23mm like the MCD Evo4 shocks?

hamster huey

I voted no because Im a happy TT driver with the v3 thick shock shaft, our current spring choices, don't need more damping, and don't need more weight.

If I was an MT man I would want them though.

Ron E

Contributor
i wouldn't mind some BIG bore shocks, i've looked at the evo 4 shocks and nutech mt shocks, both of those are huge and work well. i would like to upgrade the tt and the evo3 some day, although both are tuned in pretty good now with the oil/spring combo's.

DemonRC

No doubt the big bores on the Evo4 work really well. We have a rough track that's actually cut into a retention pond and it's hell on the stock shocks. The Evo4's just soak up the bumps really well and the HPI's as well as my Rampage shocks usually need a diaper change by the end of the day. Another buddy of mine ordered the Evo4 shocks for his FG 4x4 and that pretty much knocked down any doubts about the fact that bigger is better.

I think the 1/8 scale manufactures figured it out, hence the current trend of 1/8 scale big bore shocks. Personally, I think we need 24mm's when running those big ass 6mm HPI shafts anyways.

lords

yep, no problem with my stock shocks on my DuneRunner ...

this is why i voted no...I have had it fall over 10 feet (roof jumping) and the shocks worked great absorbing the fall..lol as long as i land somewhat on all 4 tires or at least 2..

peace...

pipeous

the larger the shock the less likely heat will affect the viscosity of the fluid. it's a proven fact and why big bores are incl with all the pro versions of rc's and as an option otherwise. more consistent dampening means more consistent laps, which wins races

DemonRC

pipeous said:
the larger the shock the less likely heat will affect the viscosity of the fluid. it's a proven fact and why big bores are incl with all the pro versions of rc's and as an option otherwise. more consistent dampening means more consistent laps, which wins races
Perfect explaination there pipeous. If you've ever jumped a Losi LST or Muggy with those huge shocks compared to another 1/8 scale of simliar size you can defintely see the benefit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts