• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which set screw type would be the best for the diff shaft?

Gee

Contributor
I am going to order up some set screws and they have a few options to choose from. Anyone know which of these types would be the best for holding power for use on the center differential gear shaft? They have a cup, knurled cup, cone, flat, etc.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=b0mkr1

Gee

Contributor
Flat does make the most contact. I've always grinded my set screw flat on the end for attaching pinions onto motors shafts. Never knew they had knurlded ones or other options. Thanks for the input.

type

I personnally like and use the the cup type and have been replacing the stock set screws because they are too soft and flaten out and then they wont hold the shafts in place.

DemonRC

Knurled cup huh? That can't be cheap LOL. You know they have some distorted thread set screws, bolts, nuts, etc that are made to hold better. www.mcmaster.com carriers them. They also have setscrews with nylon patches.

Gee

Contributor
Yeah, I was looking at the nylon patch screws but they don't sell them in metric sizes. Atleast I can't find them for the flathead hex socket or the set screw either. Looks like you can get them in the cap head socket though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts