• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Which Exhaust???

satttheman

I just order a rampage tt and a rampage rally. i ordered the tt from ddm and its coming with the ddm exhaust but i need a killer exhaust for the rally. i probably going to run my obr full mod 27.2 in it and i want a pipe with killer topend. should i go for the jetpro which usually always have great topend or should i get another dom? also how does the tgn pipe compare to either?

kryptonite

i would love to hear about the tgn pipe. its smaller(slightly) so it may fit better under the shell. the jet-pro and the side dom are both comparable as they are mid/top end pipes. im not sure about the 27.2 in the rally. might be 2 much low end torque for those tiny wheels,even with the 4wd. and the 2mm crank also takes away some of the top end rpm's. i would o'bros port the stock 23 for a reed kit(not racing right?) that thing will spin rpms like a dreidel on hanukkah..lol..

satttheman

i think a 27.2 would be great parking lot and street bashing. i tried a tried that a 28.5 and a g270 in my mcd rally and it ripped and screamed lol. i'll probably put some icaro's on it too.

kryptonite

so you pretty much have 3 pipes to chose from.. are you leaning towards one or still up in the air? do you still have that fg on-road. was a while ago, but i loved that vid

satttheman

rob from ramtech said ddm or tgn he said the tgn has alot more on the top but lags alot compared to the dom on the low end. no its gone unfortunately. it wasn't fun running over dm1's lol. i wish i would've taken some vids of it with the samba 6 instead of the fg little pipe it was violent i had did alot to the car i had milled the 2speed to run this huge gears it was nasty and i have no vids that blows. thanks for reminding me lol now im down:( i wish i had the cash to build another one but the motor alone cost me over 650 i'd rather just buy another rampage lol

satttheman

i made up my mind up lol. after some help from sean at oneill brothers. that guy is good everytime i talk to him it cost me money my wallet just opens for him. i ended up ordering a full mod g272 with some different goodies on this one. also he got me to order a jetpro lol im an easy sell. i have no idea how im goin to get the exhaust out off the body. he said that would probably be the best choice. heres my motor: http://oneillbrothersracing.com/rccar///itemdescription/fullmod_g272rc.htm if you don't already have a ONB motor your missing out hurry and get on the boat. the best customer service, most of the motors get out the door the same day, the most bang for your bang. if you need a headkit, short block, or a complete engine you can go wrong with ONEILL BROTHERS RACING ENGINES.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

.......nice! 4 bolt.. this is for youe rally right? with my on-road i would run a silencer from the samba to the rear with heater hose. i bet you could do the same since it exits on the top, faceing the rear. you might have to work on a mounting brackit since the rally has a semi-flat chassis. you better work on them editing skills and get us a vid!

satttheman

catchaser said:
The jetpro exits similar to the side dom. You just have to do a little trimming by the wheelwell.
it doesn't look like this???

jetpro_rampage.jpg

satttheman

kryptonite said:
.......nice! 4 bolt.. this is for youe rally right? with my on-road i would run a silencer from the samba to the rear with heater hose. i bet you could do the same since it exits on the top, faceing the rear. you might have to work on a mounting brackit since the rally has a semi-flat chassis. you better work on them editing skills and get us a vid!
yea it going on the rally this things should scream. i ordered a ONB race ported g290 for the tt have one in my baja and i had a nonported gp290 i my mcd rally they ripped. yea i was thinking about the too. how i'm i go mount it i can't find many pics of this pipe on the rampage. i guess i'll figure it out as it comes in the motors shipped today the tt comes saturday and the rally will be here on monday. i got a big package two builds im not looking forward to it as much now lol. a few sleepless nights ahead of me lol.

kryptonite

ya, thats it. you see how it mounts in the center? is that pipe going on the tt or the rally? i think catchaser meant it exits simuler to the dom, left side, outside the mt/tt shell, with an odd cone tumer shape

satttheman

well i have a dom coming too so ill try them both but im hoping its not to hard to mount the jetpro i don't like drilling holes. off topics what servos are you running. i was going to get 5745 for steering or could i get away with futaba 3306 or hitec 755mg's. and 5645 for th/br. what the deal which would you get. im committed to these build after i placed that order with sean. i didnt not plan on spend this much on these cars. but im a motor head what can i say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.