• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

When will the steel gear sets be available?

Clubin

Banned
I can't even get through a tank of fuel without changing the A and B gears, Ramtech C and D's are good. When are the steel gear sets going to be available? My MT is very good now, only I need better A B gears.

Today alone, I burned up 6 MCD 30 tooth gears, you ask how much-well they are 15.00 us for 2! Comon let us know when we can have the Redcat gear sets.

jigawatt

funny story... when darin introduced picsand specs to me, i assumed these gears would be a huge problem... plenty of people said plastic would be just fine. ha, now look at us, begging for steel gears!

Clubin

Banned
jigawatt said:
funny story... when darin introduced picsand specs to me, i assumed these gears would be a huge problem... plenty of people said plastic would be just fine. ha, now look at us, begging for steel gears!
Plastic or composite has it's place but it sure isn't any where in the drive line. If I had steel gears I would be unstopable. lol

Funny, I am begging, I love my Rampage. Please can I have steel gears. I am on my knees here. Please Please? I'll do almost anything.

jigawatt

ALL new vehicles should come stock with the new setup if these really are the grand solution!

kryptonite

jigawatt said:
ALL new vehicles should come stock with the new setup if these really are the grand solution!
nah.. the plastic gears are fine in the stock condition. its when you upgrade. upgrading is were the money is. if they sell the rig allready upgraded nobody would by it. thats why the mt pro just sits on the shelf with a 4 sale sign. they should and will stick to the stock plastic gears and sell the upgraded version in the UPGRADE section of rampagehopups.

jigawatt

mt pro doesn't have any parts that are worthy of the "pro" badge. pro badge should have hop ups that are actually benificial and not just bling.

baja ss is prime example. more potent engine, exhaust, and stronger parts that help reduce breakage found on the stocker.

kryptonite

jigawatt said:
mt pro doesn't have any parts that are worthy of the "pro" badge. pro badge should have hop ups that are actually benificial and not just bling.
baja ss is prime example. more potent engine, exhaust, and stronger parts that help reduce breakage found on the stocker.
so your saying that the alum upgrades are no good? no better then the stock plastic? then the fg comp series must be all wrong too:rolleyes:

my mt is mostly all alum. and i can tell you firts hand those parts don't break.

jigawatt

kryptonite said:
so your saying that the alum upgrades are no good? no better then the stock plastic? then the fg comp series must be all wrong too:rolleyes:
my mt is mostly all alum. and i can tell you firts hand those parts don't break.
I'm saying a lot of stuff on the "pro" is all flash, bling... not a lot of it is beneficial(ie full aluminum rollcage). Quite a few of the crucial points were left untouched from what the description provides.

FG Comp line vs Sport line... I know that there are quite a few better skilled drivers who own the sports line when compared to the comp line. But in my neck of the woods, its all sports line's (for those who drive FG) and Baja 5B SS's.

Parts pricing announcement for tuesday night... nice! gettin ready to budget for parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

jigawatt said:
I'm saying a lot of stuff on the "pro" is all flash, bling... not a lot of it is beneficial. Quite a few of the crucial points were left untouched from what the description provides.
FG Comp line vs Sport line... I know that there are quite a few better skilled drivers who own the sports line when compared to the comp line. But in my neck of the woods, its all sports line's (for those who drive FG) and Baja 5B SS's.

Parts pricing announcement for tuesday night... nice! gettin ready to budget for parts.
ok.. thats fine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts