• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheels/tires

PrjctStrtFrce

Anyone use this wheel/tire combo?

I know that many like the Proline trenchers, but was curious if anyone has used these or heard anything about them? Any better combos out there? I like how they are still close to the same height as the stock MT wheels/tires, but about half the width, which I assume would be about half the weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

They are knock offs of Hostile MX... the original brand is awesome but I can't say how good this certain tire will hold up.

PrjctStrtFrce

Are they good all around tires? Grass and gravel are my main bashing zones, and sometimes pavement. Are there any other ready to install wheel/tires that would be better, in the same price range, or maybe something cheaper?

rcgasser

I have used mad max tires before although not this set but they were ok!!!! they will not hold up as long as regular hostile tires because the rubber is not as thick and the pavement did wear them down faster but they did hold up ok. The mad max bead-locks are crap and with short screws so if you are running anything with some power (more then a stock power motor) they will balloon easily and pule from the bead locks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

What's ur budget? Not a lot of pre mounted deals out there.imex has some and then ebay but knock offs don't last as long.

PrjctStrtFrce

hmmmm, well I don't want to spend a couple hundred for wheels and tires, but I am assuming that that is what it may have to be. I would say $150 would be the maxish. I already purchased the Vertigo adapters so that I can use Baja and similar wheels on the MT.

Ildy666

Ok that's a good budget. Like I said for a $100 u can get 4 k-rocks with choice of rims and beadlock.there good for grass and street and wear good because of the tread pattern nobbies wear out quick on the street....

PrjctStrtFrce

Links to said tires that would go with a decent set of beadlocks?

PrjctStrtFrce

Ahh okay, I wasn't sure what the k-rocks were. No pre mounted deals with those on their site or ebay.

I am most likely going to stick with the stock motor, with basic bolt-ons. I like some speed with these giants, but I am more about lower speed off roading and having durability. After looking into wheels/tires that I would want, I would easily spend close to $200 + the adapters that I just purchased......not something that I want to dump that kind of money into for now.

Any opinions on the Rovan lineup? Which would be better, the MadMax or Rovan? I know that both are knockoffs, but I have heard a lot of good things about the Rovan Baja's. I like the Rovan spikes and excavators. Any other companies that I am missing that provide pre mounted sets?

I rarely do anything on the pavement, if so, then it's a quick shot across the neighbors or going to the next grass/off-road area.

rcgasser

Rovan and madmax are the same on lower quality tires the tread will last longer with the excavators then the spikes.

Ildy666

I was on IMex rc site $50 a set pre mounted ur choice of rims and beadlocks but if u are getting the rovans then disregard the message

PrjctStrtFrce

ahh, yes, now I see them.

I was just looking under 1/5 scale wheels before.

Are the Imex, Rovan, and MadMax all on the same boat when it comes to quality or is one better than the other?

Ildy666

I don't know about the others but IMex for the money is worth it imo...

claude bigelow

+1 on the j7.

PrjctStrtFrce

Ildy666 said:
Those are the j7 I'm talking about the k rocks
Post a link then. :mad:

Only k-rocks I see there are just the tires and they are only 4.25 in diameter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts