• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Whats the model carbureter of out stock rampages?

Petrolheadz100

Trying to find a spare carb online but cant tell what model it is. On the bottom of my CARB it says walbro WT 1194 but that shows nothing online? Whats a good choice carb to have for better performance or just as a spare.....nothing wrong with the stock just curious.

Dusty

If you check DDM you can find all the most common carbs ... the stock rampage carb is a walbro 668 & as for a better upgrade seems most ppl I’ve chatted with recommend the walbro 990 or 1107 both performance models . The 990 has no choke built in and the 1107 does . Just depends on your preference .

Petrolheadz100

Wondering if those high performance carbs require a new fuel line system, i see online guys run new fuel lines thicker when using those, also they must suck a bit more gas too....

Dusty

Not for the guys I’ve talked with. Same lines and the carbs still have an 1/8 “ inlet and return from the tank . They may burn a tad more fuel but out bashing and it performs better than the finicky 668 I’ll take the performance any day ... I have both 990 & 1107 in my wish list with DDM . I just can’t decide which to go with . I like the idea of no choke on the 990 so I’ve been trying to learn to prime my MT with out using the choke buy doin a couple slow pulls to get fuel into the engine . I believe the built in choke is really the main difference in those 2 models .

Phill

Not for the guys I’ve talked with. Same lines and the carbs still have an 1/8 “ inlet and return from the tank . They may burn a tad more fuel but out bashing and it performs better than the finicky 668 I’ll take the performance any day ... I have both 990 & 1107 in my wish list with DDM . I just can’t decide which to go with . I like the idea of no choke on the 990 so I’ve been trying to learn to prime my MT with out using the choke buy doin a couple slow pulls to get fuel into the engine . I believe the built in choke is really the main difference in those 2 models .
A 990 is a 668 with no choke.
PITA to start without starter fluid.
I have no probs whatsoever with my 668 on a Zen290

Petrolheadz100

Really....so why is a 990 considered high performance and 668 is not?

Petrolheadz100

Thats a modified one but the standard 668 cost half the price, the real difference between the 990 and 668 is ball bearings throttle shaft and better pump

Phill

Thats a modified one but the standard 668 cost half the price, the real difference between the 990 and 668 is ball bearings throttle shaft and better pump

990 without bearings
http://www.davesmotors.com/walbro-wt-990-carburetor-fg-07855.html
You can buy either one with or without bearings.
The 1107 is the recommended carb for the 32 cc.
668 for smaller engines.
I tried to put an 1107 on my Zen 290 and couldn't get it to run lean enough.
Kept bogging so I went back to 668.

Petrolheadz100

Do you have a standard 66 or moded? Friend of mine bought this k ockoff from ebay 15.00 and runs identical to my stock walbro authentic 668 at 1/3 the price almost. H has run 3 gal of fuel through it and he is happy wih it, he even bought another spare to keep as backup....

Item number on ebay : 282069701049

Phill

Mine is standard.
I've tried cloned stuff in the past and been burnt (not with carbs though) so I've got the genuine Walbro.
That one is cheap but the steel fittings make me think it's the stock carb that Redcat use.
If it is they're a bit hit and miss whether or not you get a good one or a dud.
Sounds like your mate got a good one.

Petrolheadz100

Well im still running the stock redcat one but its a walbro, i have 7 gal of fuel through it still pumping like new, for some reason he replacement carbs don't say walbro online but the one that came with my chimera is a walbro

Phill

Well im still running the stock redcat one but its a walbro, i have 7 gal of fuel through it still pumping like new, for some reason he replacement carbs don't say walbro online but the one that came with my chimera is a walbro

You've got me there because the one on my DR wasn't Walbro

sunoco

for ease of use, not going for max high rpm power- the 668 is a tough act to follow- its a good carb. ddm says it can bog off idle.- yes and no. it depends on many factors. -- as for the 990- the new ones do not run as well harder to tune- harder to start also,--Why you wonder? Its the butterfly valve. The new ones have no notch in front of the 3 fuel holes in the bore of the carb. simple as that. Good news is- if you have a stock redcat thats gave up the ghost- the butterfly valve fits perfectly on the 990.-- Go cart- ultralight hobby people have done this trick for years-- They will enlarge this butterfly notch VERY slightly. I do this on the 990 for car usage.-- A butterfly notch across the low mid speed fuel holes sends a stronger flow of air across the holes-- shure makes my 990-s run far better-- smoother- low speed- midrange areas of the carb-- ALL these carbs we enjoy using -Wt series, have a 3 part-3 stage fuel delivery- except the 813- that carb blows anyways- If you see a round brass device in the carbs bore- this is a high speed fuel one way check valve-- it helps prevent the engine from going rich when the throttle is wfo- and suddenly slammed back to idle.-- walbro makes many types of these-- the guys that REALLY know far more than me-- tune these check valve equipped carbs--

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts