• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

whats the best motor for xb-e

tha nemesis

im looking into the cc 2012 and toro beast ... i want something that will make my xb-e to 70's on 3s or twin 6s lipo on stock esc till i can find a decent esc .. was told to stay away from cc mamba xl2 .. im new to 1/5 and your tips from members is so much helpfull ..this is my list sofar that id like to get the 16t pinion and 40 spur from 707 r/c along with 707 r/c motor mounts , chassis and boca bearings , xt tires ,5b or rovan.. ohh .. and i want r/cdads chrome wing on his xb .. lol

Knuckles

The only good esc out there is the xl2(I have and is fine with the proper add-ons). The other is the MGM car esc. Hope you have the $750 extra for that one. I debated it but I could not find much about tech support for it. So I am too poor and don't know if I want to take the risk if it burns up. Then dealing with the support end of it. CC has a good tech support, I have never had a problem with them fixing or replacing there parts

Knuckles

Max lipo is 8s, they replaced mine when it burned up. You have to add a cap set and external bec to keep it reliable. For the stock esc I have heard that the leopard 5682 is good but let some other guys chime in on that. I never used stock esc.

G

The leopard 5692 1340kv is a good motor you can run it on the stock esc up to 6s or with the xl2 with 8s.

bigfol

tha nemesis said:
im looking into the cc 2012 and toro beast ... i want something that will make my xb-e to 70's on 3s or twin 6s lipo on stock esc till i can find a decent esc .. was told to stay away from cc mamba xl2 .. im new to 1/5 and your tips from members is so much helpfull ..this is my list sofar that id like to get the 16t pinion and 40 spur from 707 r/c along with 707 r/c motor mounts , chassis and boca bearings , xt tires ,5b or rovan.. ohh .. and i want r/cdads chrome wing on his xb .. lol
The cc xl2 is solid now. you shouldn't have any probs with it, even if you do castle will look after you, I currently running it with the 110mm 780kv leopard on 8s, runs nice and cool and runs quick, geared 16/44, I'll get around to putting a GPS on it one day..... :rolleyes:

twissted

Banned
the Skyrc Beast X524 motor is a cool running motor it is a 910 kv motor that I run a 14 tooth pinion. the esc and motor get just past warm. I could go t 16 tooth with no problems on 8s. I also run a real screamer the SSS5694 motor with the vents covered to keep dirt out. I run it on 10 tooth and it is a 1200kv motor that is crazy fast. gets hot and you need to pay attention to that.

If four running 6s, try the Neu 1717 motor. It makes a lot of power and you will be very happy with it. I don't have this motor yet, so I can't say how the heat is on this motor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts