• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What will break First?

rustyracing181

Rusty here from New Zealand. Great forum, learning heaps. I have ordered MT pro and super bee kill switch due here about the 9th Feb. What should I order and have ready to replace when it breaks?

I like the look of the Rally XR but couldn't find an upgraded package for sale. It would be nice if Redcat did a similar thing as they have with the MT Pro with some of the up grades

Phill

Rusty here from New Zealand. Great forum, learning heaps. I have ordered MT pro and super bee kill switch due here about the 9th Feb. What should I order and have ready to replace when it breaks?
I like the look of the Rally XR but couldn't find an upgraded package for sale. It would be nice if Redcat did a similar thing as they have with the MT Pro with some of the up grades

G'day from across the ditch.
Depends on what you run into.

Phill

Funny HaHa Phill, Probably not what I was looking for, but good answer. Go the the All Blacks

Seriously the motor should be good as it will be the 32cc 4 bolt.
Servos are very average as is the radio but will do the job to start.
The most important thing is to put a remote kill switch on it.
I don't like the alloy A arms as they bend whereas the plastic ones have a bit of give in em.
I'd just drive it (after you install a kill switch) and replace parts as needed.

rustyracing181

Thanks Guys
Phill do you get parts from The Rampage shop if so how? I see they wont ship overseas. They seem to be OK price wise.
I will order some spares next week, so I wont be disappointed if I break something first day out

Phill

Thanks Guys
Phill do you get parts from The Rampage shop if so how? I see they wont ship overseas. They seem to be OK price wise.
I will order some spares next week, so I wont be disappointed if I break something first day out
Hi Rusty
I get most of my parts from here
http://www.rcmodel.com.au
You'll find the parts listed as HSP but they're exactly the same.
You can also try
http://www.mildtowildrc.com.au
https://www.rchighperformancehobbies.com.au
https://www.rchobbyestore.com.au
https://www.aussiehobbies.com.au/index.jsp
also have some bits.
If you can't find what you need at those ones you can just google the part number.
Ebay is good too

rustyracing181

Did a bit of research. Is there anyone who does a high spec cup and dogbone? Looks like the MCD dogbones work well, are they the some front and back on the MT Pro V3 I'll try some cv boots to help keep the crap from getting into them as well, any surgestions. I like the sound of replacing the gears with a belt drive, but having a problem tracking down a kit to suit the MT Pro v3.
I see some proline mx wheel conversions, any updates on the right formula to improve the high speed handling?

Last edited:

Phill

Did a bit of research. Is there anyone who does a high spec cup and dogbone? Looks like the MCD dogbones work well, are they the some front and back on the MT Pro V3 I'll try some cv boots to help keep the crap from getting into them as well, any surgestions. I like the sound of replacing the gears with a belt drive, but having a problem tracking down a kit to suit the MT Pro v3.
I see some proline mx wheel conversions, any updates on the right formula to improve the high speed handling?

Here's the belt drive
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Belt-Dr...555988?hash=item259b325114:g:HOgAAMXQs~ZRloiO

rustyracing181

thanks for that. which 2 or 3 ratios would you recommend for the badlands tyres for short circuit bashing and the standard tyres.
Do I need the gear plate from the v3 Pro? I have tried emailing them but no answer (in German as well)

Phill

thanks for that. which 2 or 3 ratios would you recommend for the badlands tyres for short circuit bashing and the standard tyres.
Do I need the gear plate from the v3 Pro? I have tried emailing them but no answer (in German as well)

The only one that fits Redcats is the 1;1 RATIO.
The ones with the variable ratios are for 10mm shafts - Redcats are only 8mm.
Standard gear plate fits

Phill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-Drive...ewi-Pitbull-X-Redcat-Tuning-HD-/162665139670?
So this one wont work? I just wish they would reply to my emails

It says for Redcat and HSP which are virtually identical so it should but you don't need all that stuff.
The other one is half the price and with the big tyres on the MT is all you will need.
Gman has one on his MT and swears by it..
He only speaks German so you need to use google translate to email him.
He'll take 70 euros if you offer it

rustyracing181

Well my steering servo was the first thing to break. Found that the servo savers need to be stripped and greased if you want them to do their job. Tr battery lasted all of about 5mins just spent another US$500+ on new gear, I hope you guys are right with your suggested upgrades for servos and batteries etc

westsiderkg

Well my steering servo was the first thing to break. Found that the servo savers need to be stripped and greased if you want them to do their job. Tr battery lasted all of about 5mins just spent another US$500+ on new gear, I hope you guys are right with your suggested upgrades for servos and batteries etc

How did you go about greasing the servo saver??

rustyracing181

How did you go about greasing the servo saver??
They were almost like glued together, They are supposed to twist, that's why there is a spring at the top. I just backed off the ring on the spring to unload the tension. Then I used a bit of brute strength and twisted the arms which in turn opened the gap between the two half's and greased
Check the explored view of the steering complete assembly fig #8

Phill

Battery sounds sus.
I get 3 tanks out of the stock battery.
Maybe excess current draw from the servo?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.