• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What to look out for / Upgrade from the off?

Merlin

Just managed to bag a ridiculously cheap Chimera SR up from ebay..

**IF** it turns up from china, :eek: :D What should I be looking out for / Be changing from the off?

Diff oils ? Shock oils ? Driveshafts etc?

Any major weakpoints to address?

Not new to 1/5 scales, just never had a Chimera.

Thanks.

ika

don't use locktile on plastic, just on metal.

wildstallion

don't use the stock transmitter mate its cack there are no end point adjustments and you will likely burn up the servo fast. And change the shock oil to 40wt for better jumping ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281382531351?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm a UK based Chimera owner too, doesn't seem to be many of us. I'm a huge fan of the Chimera had loads of fun with it I think it rocks. I fitted a JetPro which seems to make a big difference

Ice_2k

The steering has endpoint adjustment and the throttle seems to be fine (at least for me), no buzzing at the end.

Merlin

New radio gear and Servos will be on my list aswell, cheers fellas! Looking forwrd to giving it a run out. No doubt I'll be slapping a better motor in there before long lol

therealrsr

100,000 wt. here. At this size/weight it does not act like a true diff lock fluid.

I went 30 front/45 rear on the shocks and it was launching pretty well on Saturday. Just FYI, personal choice based on driving style, location, etc.

therealrsr

RockinAndRollin said:
Can you run the 7000wt diff oil for bashing or is the 100,000wt the way to go?
Sure you can use 7k, but at that weight any time a wheel gets airborne it will be getting most, almost all I'd imagine, of the drive force. In other words, the opposite wheel still on the ground becomes a roller.

The heavier the fluid the closer it comes to a locked diff. Using the 100k in a 10th 4wd Traxxas Stampede VXL locks it pretty well, but with these 5th scales and their weight it acts more like a 30-50k fluid equivalent in a 10th scale by my estimate.

The stock fluid is most likely above 100k, but not the best quality imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts