• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What gas ratio gas do i run after break in on my MT and first gallon 25:1 or 30:1

Nythug2002

2 questions...do i run 25:1 or 30:1 after break in and first gallon of fuel?i am getting conflicting advice.And 2nd question how long do i wait to throw on my tuned pipe?

Nythug2002

Thanks brother.i broke it in with 20:1 like the manual said but as im doing that i'm getting so many different opinions on what i need to run after the first gallon.one of my friends runs 40:1 its crazy.been running nitro for 30 years but this is my first 2 stroke engine so i have to learn tuning all over again. 25:1 seems to be the consensus appreciate the help ?

G-Man

40:1 would be ok if you are really good at tuning. I don't like to have that worry in my head if it is too lean or not. That is why I use 25:1 Maxima Castor 927 oil to 93 octane pump gas. That gives a little wiggle room per say on your tune. Amazing how many different answers you will get for that question. I asked an old Amsoil rep what ratio to use. He said 50:1. I said I use 25:1 of their Dominator oil (back when I used Amsoil) he almost fell over. He said no no that is way too rich. I said do you realize the RPM these RC engines run at? They are no weedwhacker brother lol.

Phill

Just to cofuse things I debated going to 30:1 but ended up going 27.5:1 just to be on the safe side.
Even with that small amount less oil you can see a big jump in performance and I have it rich enough to see a tiny amount of smoke from the exhaust.
I've never used 20:1 for break in.
Always 25:1.

Nythug2002

Thanks guys! Got the new pipe in today and im going to stick with 25:1 atleast for the next 10-15 tanks.give the motor time to settle in and my nitro tuning ear time to adjust to the sounds of a 2stroke engine n carb.thanks for the input brothers?? IMG_20190811_131901.jpg

Nythug2002

You guys have any opinions on the necessity of outerwear covers for the crank case, filter and pull start? Not really into the look but is it something i need to get for the rig?

Impalassman

Outerwear on the pull start and crank case were a must for me it kept sucking the engine full of sticks dirt and grass without it can ruin you flywheeland coil and such

Nythug2002

Thanks for the heads up. Took 6 months to save for the rig sadly im on a budget just need to tackle necessities first bro.appreciate the guidance thank you ?

Impalassman

Hey I understand that budget part. It took me a long time to get mine to where its at and now its needing more love LOL

Nythug2002

Feel you on that bro.love my Rampage and i'll get there.running nitros for 20+ years the 2 strokes a relief.easier to tune and maintain so im all good.slowly but surely bringing my MT to the top of its game.rc best addiction ever lol ?? love this forum to its a great place n tons of information.thanks brother ?

Phill

Thanks guys! Got the new pipe in today and im going to stick with 25:1 atleast for the next 10-15 tanks.give the motor time to settle in and my nitro tuning ear time to adjust to the sounds of a 2stroke engine n carb.thanks for the input brothers?? View attachment 14559

25:1 is definitely a safe option.
Is that an alloy pipe?
If so you may find it won't last long.

Nythug2002

DDM or Jetpro are the way to go.
Just personal preference.
You'll be amazed at the difference a good pipe makes.
Is it necessary to use header wrap on the pipe to not distort or melt the body? Do you use header/exhaust wrap?

Redredcat0223

2 questions...do i run 25:1 or 30:1 after break in and first gallon of fuel?i am getting conflicting advice.And 2nd question how long do i wait to throw on my tuned pipe?
Get yourself a better pipe that one you have sucks and breaks,invest in a jetpro or a ddm your performance will be outstanding as are the pipes,you’ll see what I’m talking about with the pipe you have now,hope that helps you

Mxaddiction

DDM or Jetpro are the way to go.
Just personal preference.
You'll be amazed at the difference a good pipe makes.
Hey phill, I checked out the jet pro side pipe. I seen one for around 149.00. Is there any oil spray off the Rampage MT trucks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online