• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What exhaust to go for MT

whc

Just broke a polished tune pipe, only after 5 tank of fuel, seems to be a common problem with the tune pipe from redcat, pretty poor aluminum quality.

Now looking for steel exhaust pipe, been looking at the jet pro, ddm dominator and cpi tuned pipe.

Leaning towards the jet pro, there is two versions, which to go for?

http://www.jetpro.com/index.php/rc-cars/redcat/redcat-monster-truck

Or

http://www.jetpro.com/index.php/rc-cars/redcat/red-cat-rampage-awd-buggy

Both should fit fine, but what are the differences in performance and reliability/durability?

scooby61

I have the ddm side mount. Works well requires you tho flip your tank and cut quite a bit of body on the drivers side for clearance. The cpi is good but once again cut the rear and bed or it will melt holes in the body. The jet pro seems the best for power the side mount will require body mod for clearance and I believe the rear mount will cause you to permanently remove the rear bumper which is not good if you jump and land on the rear will damage your expensive pipe. Just my 2c but I would go with the dominator it's mounting setup and the pipe itself are heavy but very damage resistant. That pipe will easily outlast the rest of the truck.

blak__jak

+1 on the ddm dominator I haven't been able to break mine and it acts as a handle for carrying the truck when it's not hot.

Ice_2k

Is there something wrong with the jetpro side mount? I'm curious as to why isn't that the obvious choice if it gives more power.

scooby61

Ice_2k said:
Is there something wrong with the jetpro side mount? I'm curious as to why isn't that the obvious choice if it gives more power.
No not that I know of. The power difference is minimal and mostly top end which isn't of much use on these trucks especially if your running those stock tires imo. And the jet pro is more expensive. But you can add a silencer to it. I'm not making a choice for you only telling you my experience. My ddm equipped truck will get my buddy's Jetpro truck of the line but loose barely at top end.

1RC5

scooby61 said:
The jet pro seems the best for power the side mount will require body mod for clearance and I believe the rear mount will cause you to permanently remove the rear bumper which is not good if you jump and land on the rear will damage your expensive pipe.
Dino will include the rear bumper extension kit if you ask for it.

Ice_2k

What exhaust to go for MT

Not sure about the MT, but indeed for the Dunerunner, the JetPro rear mount came with a metal replacement for the rear bumper, a sort of cage that covers the exhaust.

Deluge

rcgasser said:
Hi deluge welcome back have not seen you in awhile. For everybody who does not know this guy is an engine master!!!!!!!
Hey, dude! Thanks! Things are finally slowing down at the 9-5 so I can hang out on the forum a bit more.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
Hey, dude! Thanks! Things are finally slowing down at the 9-5 so I can hang out on the forum a bit more.
Cool glad to hear the guys on the forum will really gain much knowledge from you I Know I sure did back in the day!!!! Like I have stated before this guys is an engine master!!!!! They will learn a great deal from reading your post.

1RC5

Ice_2k, same for the MT.

I ordered a rear mount for mine in bare finish. Dino through in the rear bumper kit

HRS4ME30

Do you guys have any opinions on break in with or with out an aftermarket exhaust. My MT arrived yesterday, looking to break in this weekend. Install aftermarket exhaust before or after the break in period?

Appreciate it!

HRS4ME30

RampageHopUps said:
Break in with stock exhaust. Then after 5 tanks, put the aftermarket on. It will feel like money well spent.
Right on, that was my plan in the first place. Hold off till she's good n' lubed...

BertR

rcgasser said:
Cool glad to hear the guys on the forum will really gain much knowledge from you I Know I sure did back in the day!!!! Like I have stated before this guys is an engine master!!!!! They will learn a great deal from reading your post.
+1 on that! I tell ya what ...I sure miss the head to head info bouts with RCDAD LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts