• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What do tuned pipes look like on the inside?

DemonRC

Just curious about this and I don't want to cut a pipe open to find out. I can see from pipes like the DDM and Jetpro where the divergence, belly, and convergence area are pretty easily. I doubt those have convergence baffles. Other pipes like the RD-Logics and Mielke have a flattened end. Is there convergence cone hidden inside? Anyways, can anybody chime in on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Most pipes are empty no baffles. When A pipe has a baffle or inside cone. Like jetpro track pipe or Meike pipes they are usually trying to get the right tuning length or volume out of their product and keep a certain length to fit in a certain car. The Rampage has plenty of room so this is usually not necessary. This practice is usually a compromise of fit and performance.

Pipe size and tuning lentgh depends on two main factors, First your motor size and capable RPM , second track or space to get the motor wound up. Meaning if you put a topend pipe like a Jetpro V3 on a baja and run it on a short 1/10 scale track the car will be a dog because not enough room to see the pipe get on its powerband.

Hope this gives you a better understanding fellow Texan Don't Mess with TEXAS !!

DemonRC

Ok good info there. I was mostly curious about the Mielke pipe because of it's flat nose. I know the convergence cone angle and length effect the returning soundwave and a flat face would be a pretty funky performing pipe.

BTW, my Mielke thanks you Sprint. I was about to cut that poor SOB up when I got home :) .

cable97526

Sprint 77 said:
Most pipes are empty no baffles. When A pipe has a baffle or inside cone. Like jetpro track pipe or Meike pipes they are usually trying to get the right tuning length or volume out of their product and keep a certain length to fit in a certain car. The Rampage has plenty of room so this is usually not necessary. This practice is usually a compromise of fit and performance.
Pipe size and tuning lentgh depends on two main factors, First your motor size and capable RPM , second track or space to get the motor wound up. Meaning if you put a topend pipe like a Jetpro V3 on a baja and run it on a short 1/10 scale track the car will be a dog because not enough room to see the pipe get on its powerband.

Hope this gives you a better understanding fellow Texan Don't Mess with TEXAS !!
Im sorry guys but I had to!!! :D

DemonRC

jigawatt said:
ha... I'd rather live up in the north here where the general IQ is actually 3 digits.
:D

Anybody living in a place where you can't go outside 1/3 of the year can't possible have a 3 digit IQ :D

jigawatt

See, that's the natural stupidity of the south. I'm outside 12 months out of the year, and used to work outside 12 months out of the year... (that means year round!). What kind of temps do we endure? -30 to 100's.

Oh and by the way... it is "POSSIBLY", not possible.

And another thing that separates us from the dumb... we don't use depth finders on our rear bumpers. We have a wonderful depth perception and are good at using mirrors on our vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Opps, my bad, I forgot to proof read. I type between 1500-2000 lines of code a day and sometimes my brain goes farting off into nana land after 3pm. Haha...

I need a beer...

DemonRC

Opps, my bad, I forgot to proof read. I type between 1500-2000 lines of code a day and sometimes my brain goes farting off into nana land after 3pm. Haha...

I need a beer...

jigawatt

I don't freeze when I'm outside... winter is by far the best season for several reasons... SNOWMOBILING and rc in the snow.

At least we can drive all summer without suffering excessive temps ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts