• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What are you using to oil your filters

Marc101885

I am in the process of buying a rampage mt and am trying to get all the stuff i need together so i can have this thing running asap. I think im going to get the hpi filter setup thats on rampagehopups. What kind of oil are you using? I have the K&N filter oil on hand that i use for my bike, would that be appropriate for the foam filters too? Adding to that would the cleaner be good for cleaning the filter out.

RampageHopUps

I use Belray foam filter spray for my ATVs and the RCs. I just use simple green to clean the filter. I'm sure they have motorcycle spray to do it, but it seems a waste of meny.

Marc101885

well i already have the k&n kit with cleaner and oil so i guess i will just go with that since i already have it. Why spend more money than i have to

fourwheeler

I am the same as Rob, I am using filter oil from the Kawasaki shop. I don't remember the manufacturer right now.

NitroBurn

I use the same oil that I use for my 1/8 filters. Does k&n work better?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmahh

i too use the Bel Rey Super Tachy oil, but the qt, i pour it into a ziplock bad with a filter and oil it up, then roll it in some paper towels to get the excess out and install it.

i ll do a few filters prior to a day out, and keep one each in a ziplock bag ready to install.

MOfroggy

Timmahh said:
i too use the Bel Rey Super Tachy oil, but the qt, i pour it into a ziplock bad with a filter and oil it up, then roll it in some paper towels to get the excess out and install it.
i ll do a few filters prior to a day out, and keep one each in a ziplock bag ready to install.
Now that's good thinking!

M

magnum57

i found a great product called Fluidz. I use the foam air filter cleaner and the foam filter oil. the cleaner is unreal. just spay and squeeze and done. and the spray oil is very easy to apply. just a great product. it was 5 bucks for 5.5 oz spray can.

got it online some where. the company is in Utah.

Fluidz

2535 S. Decker lake lane

Salt Lake City, Utah 84119

1-800-622-7223

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts