• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What are you anal about on your rc?

Motakitty

Just curious what are you all anal about on your rc.mine is that the wiring must be clean and I like it when you can't see the head of the zip ties.

G

Everything. LOL

After I run them, I can't even put them away until they get detailed. :)

cordy

Getting my aluminum wheels dirty.Changing wheels to go from the track to the parking lot.I have an xt I will convert to a xb and put road tires on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

If I was as anal as most I wouldn't be even using them. I have enough time for maybe a tank or 2 on weekends but still can't give up:beer: bash on

alfred e numan

my stuff is never spotless on the outside, just wash off with the garden hose then take the air compressor to it, then run it on the bench to dry it off. But, when i assemble engines? all non steel parts are scrubbed brushed under hot soapy water, use 1000 grit silicone carbide sandpaper -dry to the jugs ports-cyclnder junction, then scrub agan under hot soapy water. Crank- bearings- seals are cleaned with solvent, sprayed with methanol, dried, then pour pre-mix on them. put into baggies before assembly. The tools are also inspected for dirt, chrome chips, even the bolts for the engine are scrubbed clean. The airfilters? thats of paramount importance- cleaned in a white bucket until no trace of dirt is seen in the bottom of the bucket- then rinsed off under warm running water in the bath tub.- then oil as usual. yea, just as obessed as you guys- like i say- the cars outward appearance is dirty, but its all about the nuts and bolts.

Motakitty

I don't clean mine as often as I should but every so often I will take em almost completely apart and give a good deep cleaning

strodedawg

solder joints and neat wiring. proper decaled body ..... a pro looking car makes people nervous. always make the rear of my car look the best as thats all people see :p

Motakitty

Doesn't neat wiring make working on the car easier, I always tell my brother to clean up his birds nest:D

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Motakitty said:
Doesn't neat wiring make working on the car easier, I always tell my brother to clean up his birds nest:D
I call messy wiring "spaghetti". :)

Dreggsta

I'm more ocd than anal. Things have to be set up a certain way. No sloppy wiring, good tire alignment, no loose or poorly set/tuned parts. I don't mind not cleaning my rides as i stay on top of things a la the aforementioned. I don't have show cars like some here, ahem, Brian. Lol

Dreggsta

The thing I don't currently like is the play in the front. Namely the play in the upper front link. I'd rather have an upper a arm. Same w/the rear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.