• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What are the spare gears in the box?

kenkolen

Contributor
Sorry for repeating my post as the other post is under a reply topic.

My TT arrived last night. The instructions are not very detailed.

Can anyone tell me what the bag of gears are for?

I presume the blue rings that came with the wheels are some sort of spacer/reinforcement that go on to the inside of the wheels.

If I put a wheel on how does it come off, seems like a very tight fit.

Are there torque specs for the wheel nuts?

I did see the list of things to do on the forum, but that is over a year old, has it been updated?

Neal

Miami Fl

laganm21

The blue ring is a reinforcement ring that gose on the inside of the wheels there should be 4 of them , as for torqe specs there is none just as tight as possible and be sure to use blue locktight on the threads because the wheel nut are not cut to dig into the wheels, a lot of people use the HPI baja wheel nut because they dig into the wheel so you don't need locktight, I just use locktight and run the stock nuts works fine for me

AS for the bag of extra gears i need more detail like are they metal, how many ect.. im thinking there just an extra set of the main drive gears

kenkolen

Contributor
The gears

There are 4 gears two are about 1.5 inch in diameter and the other 2 are about 1.75 inches. They are plastic and black.

I am trying to send a photo but I am having trouble attaching it.

kenkolen

Contributor
Wheel rings, glue them?

I read some other posts about the blue aluminum gear rings. The posts were discussing glueing or epoxying them into place.

Any need for this?

laganm21

I did not glue them i don't think you need to ,, as for the gears you got just an extra set of A-B-C-D gears just keep them handy incase you strip one out

kenkolen

Contributor
Up to date checklist

Thanks, I will hang on to the gears and not worry about gluing the rings.

How about an up to date Checklist? I noticed the checklist on the forum is old and probably from the V1.

Hope to finish work soon so I can go home and install the radio receiver, put some gas and kick some aaaaaasssssss!

roccos_van

The four gears are the spare a/b/c/d gears, they go on the outide of the gearplate under the plastic cover. You must have purchased a v2 (My mt v2 came with spare gears)

kenkolen

Contributor
Oops

Too late now.

What can happen if you didn't glue them on?

Oh well another reason for an up to date checklist.

Thanks again for all of your help. It is much better to find out through someone else's experience when it comes to breaking, or better yet not breaking things.

Neal

pipeous

a little shoe goo on the ring keeps them in place so they do the job intended... keep from stripping/splitting the wheel hub... and you don't lose them when taking a wheel off, or heaven forbid one falls off while running

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.