• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What About A 5th scale Fest??

MJPracing

I don't if this will actualy go any where,but something that came to mind. As we all probably know a pretty big event called Dunetober Fest just took place. Centered around HPI owners. I kinda hate the singling out thing so what about a plain flat out 5th scale gathering no matter what you have. Always cool to meet new people and get more ideas. Well I guess will see what the futures got to bring.

badboy2

check phatdads track they prolly run any 5th scales aside from bajas.at

bajafest they ran 4wd ,largescalerc brought mcd's and 1 redcat.

Obeast44

Banned
Ya Bajafest has 4x4 classes, and there is always an "open" track to run any largescale RC ya want. Only stipulation Ive seen is it has to be a largescale, no 1/8s, 1/10s etc etc. Speaking of which, I plan on attending next years Bajafest if someone in between here and there needs a ride.

badboy2

yea no 1\8 or 1\10, but most tracks run them anyway..and it wouldnt be a bajafest or 5th scale fest anymore..

if u wanna run all scales i guess the diggers dungeon event is for all scales.the one that they do in summer.

pwaicon

Some might show up with another 5th scale but the main 5th scale events/races, at least here in the US, are focused primarily on the HPI Baja 5B/T. Dunetober Fest, Bajafest, Phatdad’s track and even Milestone’s track are events/races put together with the HPI Baja owner in mind, some of those owners just happen to bring other models they might own. The main reason I think this is the case is that these events are usually put together or sponsored by the HPI Baja aftermarket manufactures so obviously their focus would be on the HPI Baja.

badboy2

also maybe most of the 5th scale owners here in the u.s. are mostly hpi baja owners.theres prolly not too many fg,mcd,reecat owners?

bajafest is organized by rob with his own $$.

MJPracing

pwaicon said:
Some might show up with another 5th scale but the main 5th scale events/races, at least here in the US, are focused primarily on the HPI Baja 5B/T. Dunetober Fest, Bajafest, Phatdad’s track and even Milestone’s track are events/races put together with the HPI Baja owner in mind, some of those owners just happen to bring other models they might own. The main reason I think this is the case is that these events are usually put together or sponsored by the HPI Baja aftermarket manufactures so obviously their focus would be on the HPI Baja.
Thanks Pwaicon for the clearification on what I was trying to say. Im not saying all classes like 1/8 scale and etc. Just 5th scale but all makes and models. It does seem that the HPI Baja aftermarket manufactures even HPI it's self have it put together when sponsoring events like this. Im not talking about a race event but like a big bashfest would be awesome to see. Just to let people out there who don't already know their is other models out there besides HPI which will perform just as well or better. this isn't a thread to put down HPI, they have some bad ass cars out there.just saying it would be nice.

RampageHopUps

You can bring your Redcat to any of the events mentioned. There are always a few 4x4 at Phatdads and Milestone. I didn't bring my Redcat to Dunetoberfest, but it would be welcome.

MJPracing

RampageHopUps said:
You can bring your Redcat to any of the events mentioned. There are always a few 4x4 at Phatdads and Milestone. I didn't bring my Redcat to Dunetoberfest, but it would be welcome.
Thanks for the clearification on Dunetoberfest, I do understand their are probably not many Rampage owners in SoCal. Where is Phatdads track by the way? Milestone im one of the few 4wd guys out there. Their was word going around they might be starting a 4wd class there for racers,looking forward to that.

Sprint 77

Contributor
That sounds great , if I can get off work that close to Diggers event I will. I heard the date on the Diggers large scale event will change from last year anyway.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Hey Large Scale RC Guys ! ( Troy Scot and BOB ) You going to mow down little more cornfield and go for a Oval track beside that beautiful off road track?

You are just North of the oval Racing capital and might be able to get some big name Sprint drivers to stop by and check it out. That be good for media and our sport.

badboy2

you guys should come to bajafest too! so they can run more 4wd in 2010.last year they only run like 4 of them.all from lsrc guys.thats where i saw the TT for the 1st time.

Obeast44

Banned
I had planned on attending Bajafest next year, but if things don't pick up at work. I wont be going. I had planned on trying to build a 62cc conversion for the Rampage to take up there. The way its looking its either going to be Bajafest or 62cc project. I have no fear in loosing my job, but they have cut all "overtime" out. Which effectively has cost me about $300+ a week. That money was used for me to "play" with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts