• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Well my TT is probably no more...

smoedog

Contributor
Found out we got hit by a flood today and my workshop with all my rc stuff has 5 feet of water...

I had my tt ont a bottom shelf of my workbench so its underwater as we speak. Nothing I can do about it since I'm deployed to Kuwait right now...FML

booggieman2u

Awe that does suck if u were close id go get it for you and store it in my garage if it floods where im at im gonna build a arc lol

powerslave69

sorry bro

smoedog said:
Found out we got hit by a flood today and my workshop with all my rc stuff has 5 feet of water...
I had my tt ont a bottom shelf of my workbench so its underwater as we speak. Nothing I can do about it since I'm deployed to Kuwait right now...FML
This is the reward you get from serving our country? :mad: This is such a kick in the ass. I'd go to your house even if I was hours away from you. Maybe it's not too late and start a thread and summon for help. There might be someone here who lives close to you. Worth a shot. Again, sorry for your loss:(

racetruck

sorry to here about the high water hopfully it will still be there and not get washed away we have been lucky so far the flooding has'nt got to the my house or shop yet :eek:

smoedog

Contributor
So, ya......

Rampage is garbage... Dunno if i can salvage it or what...

I Haven't really messed with it other than a quick glance over but it will not roll more than a couple feet and thats with a lot of effort. Im sure the motor is trashed, along with all the electronics, and the running gear so I don't even know what I want to do with it....

I'd love to get an XB but Im sure the wife wouldn't be to excited with me throwing away 600 dollar rc car to buy a new one...lol

smoedog

Contributor
Thanks for the offers guys, right now, she is gonna have to go one the side lines. As it is now, im going to have to be out of my house for around 2 months, so my r/c stuff is on hold.

Obeast44

Banned
smoedog said:
Thanks for the offers guys, right now, she is gonna have to go one the side lines. As it is now, im going to have to be out of my house for around 2 months, so my r/c stuff is on hold.
The offer still stands bro if ya change your mind. You can ask around if you need proof of my work :)

smoedog

Contributor
thanks beast, I've been on here long enough to know what you've done for this community. I'll be in touch later down the road to possibly buy some spares off of you.

Does anyone know if the bearings can be torn down to clean them?

smoedog

Contributor
Well it's been a while since I have posted on here. As some of you may know my house was flooded while I was deployed to the desert. We'll some $82K in damage later (plus personal belongings not covered under insurance) I am finally getting settled in my house.

I started tearing apart my Rampage TT that was under 4 feet of water. Bearings aren't as bad as I thought. Some resistance in the drive train but not much so no biggie there.

My main concern is the motor. Last week i drained all the old gas outta the tank and flushed the crab and tried to start it up. Much to my amazement, it fired on the 3rd pull.

I let it idle for 60 seconds or so and then killed it. Well today it is seized up near TDC. I It gets real sticky near TDC and I cant get it to turn over past TDC.

Any Ideas? I don't have the cash right now to drop on a new motor.

I wanna get my TT running again.

zack24

smoedog said:
Found out we got hit by a flood today and my workshop with all my rc stuff has 5 feet of water...I had my tt ont a bottom shelf of my workbench so its underwater as we speak. Nothing I can do about it since I'm deployed to Kuwait right now...FML
if u have flood insurance they will pay for your rc

ImminentFailure

Glad to see you are at least up on your feet, and moving forward. Thank you for your service to your country.

Do you have a LHS around that knows of the flooding? Maybe they can pro bono work it for a service man, or one of the offers listed prior may still stand for help? Priority flat rate large box is best way to ship a motor IMO, get the obeast hookup :p

That's all assuming your not big on self engine work like me. hahaha. Clueless as a goat stuck on a rock ledge.

smoedog

Contributor
zack24 said:
if u have flood insurance they will pay for your rc
Funny part about that...Flood insurance only covers the buildings...you need to purchase a separate personal property flood insurance policy to cover your stuff...something my agent never told me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.