• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Well I know about this truck now!!!

Wicked

Well who would have known that a pipe would have made THAT much difference. For the guys that had read some of my other threads I was having allot of problems getting this truck to run and when it did run it was just unbelievably slow. I couldn't believe that a company would release a truck that had such poor performance.... HOWEVER, At my whits end I finally decided that I would change the pipe just to give it all the help I possibly could, and WOW!!!! What a wake up. I picked up one of the redcat scratch and dent pipes when I got the truck just because I new it would be better then the stock muffler and I got it for really cheap. About a 1/3 of the price of a DDM. It became a new truck instantly.

Now if your wondering why I didn't put it on in the first place well that's because I wanted to run it around my house and street getting it tuned and once it was running good I would swap off the muffler and put the pipe on, give it that last tune and be good to go. When I built my SS I had just put the SS pipe on right away so I never new how horrible that muffler could be. When I installed the Rear Dom on the SS it was an improvement but not night and day.

So as I write this I am feeling pretty good about this truck. I had it last night for a run with no issues at all. I also have to say its kewl driving a 1/5er that gets traction as well.

:D :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

Good to hear dude! A tuned pipe makes a huge diff on these things.

Wicked

Steve it blew my mind.

Like i said in the other post I never had the stock muffler on the baja so I have always know it to perform. I really don't even know why they even put that thing on. Yes I know its quieter but come on!!!!! Its crap.

Clubin

Banned
It is hard to describe what a pipe does to a 2 stroke, but it turns it into a totally different animal. I want a pipe for my Bajer. The FG can I modded just doesn't cut it. lol I am happy it is working out for you.

kryptonite

i was getting worried about you for a minute. i guess thats the pice we pay since these are one of the least expensive rigs with the best turn out. i was disopointed with its speed as well and was bored pretty quick. im glad you put that pipe on. i saw it sitting in one of your pics-of-parts. and if you think that pipe is a big change, just think of what a side dom would do. my stock tt couldnt fight its way out of a wet paper bag, but after installing the side dom i held my head high and proud.. just a word of coution.. take it easy on those redcat pipes. they tend to crack at the header.. rock on and glad you got it sorted out

Wicked

monsterman said:
What pipe did you end up going with?
Hey man,

Yea its just eh redcat one. I got it when I ordered the truck. It was part of the scratch and dent sale so I got it for less then a 1/3 of a ddm. I will be picking up a quility pipe soon but for now this pipe is working great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts