• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Weird Brake Problem

pfrederi1

Having fun with the BEASt but ever so often I get no brakes. Not sure what it is. the problem is intermittent and makes no sense. It goes from working fine to barely no brakes at all.

Is it possible theres brake fade? Or the brakes pad/plates getting too hot and not engaging?

So when i take it home and try to engage the brake by hand still no brakes. i push it by hand wth the brake engaged and it just rolls like nrakes are not even there. LOL. Its almost as if theres oil on the brake pads/disc or something. Last time this happened i had to take out all the parts and i cleaned the brake pads and discs with alcohol just to make sure there was no build up put everything back together and it still did the same thing. SMH. The servo is working. Just for the heck of it I went in and adjusted my End Point for the brake. Seemed to work fine after that but then the same thing happened again today.

Anyone know what could be causing this problem? Im dreading having to break this thing down again if I dnt have to. Also those 2 set screws on the side can they be used to tighten up the brakes???

Thx

Impalassman

Yeah the 2 set screws on the inside are for brake adjustment. G-man has a video about those on Youtube that is helpful.

pfrederi1

Yeah the 2 set screws on the inside are for brake adjustment. G-man has a video about those on Youtube that is helpful.

Hey thanks. Can you supply the link. I cant seem to find it

I think I found it. I was looking for it under G-Man but found it under Gorleys RC garage. Im guessing thats GMan.

Thx

Last edited:

pfrederi1

Yep Thx. Seems to be working like a champ now. Strong stopping power now. But then again it started working before and then started doing the same thing again so fingers crossed.

G-Man

Yep Thx. Seems to be working like a champ now. Strong stopping power now. But then again it started working before and then started doing the same thing again so fingers crossed.
You can also try using either a piece of fuel hose we use for these gas engines or I've seen guys use the hose used for nitro it's more flexible. Anyways, cut a piece of hose about the same length as the spring and put in its place. 20180415_203517.jpg

G-Man

Hey thanks. Can you supply the link. I cant seem to find it

I think I found it. I was looking for it under G-Man but found it under Gorleys RC garage. Im guessing thats GMan.

Thx
Lol Ya that's me Sir. Any questions hit me up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.