Weedwacker motor

rawb4291

I know that these MT's have a weekwacker motor in them. having said that, could you take a weekwacker engine out of a weekwacker and use it? I'm just curious to see if you can do it.

@rawb4291

Unless the weedwacker uses the same engine you find in your RC, you will need to fabricate all of the attachments necessary (clutch housing, engine mount and or braces). There will be too much involve to make it worth it in my opinion (there are so many engines available that are straight drop in).

There was this guy in YT and he was able to slap a weedwacker engine, it was very depressing to watch.

The guy swore he had achieved the greatest thing ever, doing 5mph laps in his driveway. It steered like a school bus and stiff as a on-road car. The only thing to make it great was to change the title to, my 7th grade project and have a kid driving it, then maybe the video had some hope w a shower of thumbs up, but that was not the case.

Last edited:

rawb4291

@rawb4291

Unless the weedwacker uses the same engine you find in your RC, you will need to fabricate all of the attachments necessary (clutch housing, engine mount and or braces). There will be too much involve to make it worth it in my opinion (there are so many engines available that are straight drop in).
Ya I thought that it wouldn't be too easy. Lol. I'm pretty sure that I have the first gen MT because it's like 8 years old. Mine has the 23cc engine in it. Down the road I might put the 32cc engine in it.

That drivetrain must be new with such a small engine.
Wow still have that 23 on that truck.

It will be night and day from a 23 to a 32 full crank engine w a pipe, some minor port work and a 8k clutch spring, to unleash all that power.

rawb4291

That drivetrain must be new with such a small engine.
Wow still have that 23 on that truck.

It will be night and day from a 23 to a 32 full crank engine w a pipe, some minor port work and a 8k clutch spring, to unleash all that power.
Well i forgot to mention that it does have a upgraded air filter and muffler.

Interesting to hear from someone having the truck for such considerable time.

So, what things continuously break, or every so often?
Its weak point and what have you done to make the truck bash proof?

(or lets say, at least reliable to run a few tanks and have some fun...)

rawb4291

Interesting to hear from someone having the truck for such considerable time.

So, what things continuously break, or every so often?
Its weak point and what have you done to make the truck bash proof?

(or lets say, at least reliable to run a few tanks and have some fun...)

Well, I just got it from a friend who had it sitting in his room for that long. When he first got it he crashed it a couple times. He never run it after that because he was scared to break it again. Lol. But I've driven it a few times and only broke the upper suspension arm. ( from crashing into a tree) but if something breaks I'm replacing the plastic parts with the aluminum ones.

Ya I thought that it wouldn't be too easy. Lol. I'm pretty sure that I have the first gen MT because it's like 8 years old. Mine has the 23cc engine in it. Down the road I might put the 32cc engine in it.
I just don't see a 23cc motor being able to move the MT very well lol I got a V3 MT last week, I broke in the 32cc motor really well, tuned it, and it has some impressive performance entirely stock but I'm looking forward to installing a tuned pipe on it, from the videos the tuned pipe gives it damn near close to double the power

Members online

Latest posts