• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Warning-Do not leave your Rampage in the car.

I went out to get my Rampage out of my truck today, and found the body to be a blob of plastic. I have left lexan bodies in cars before with no problem, what the heck are these bodies made of, has to be the same material as shrinky dinks.

Hopefully I will go to Redcat tommorow and they will give me a replacement, as I havent even got to run the truck body yet.

lancier

What could have caused this. Residue heat from the exhaust? Heat from the environment outside the car?What?:confused:I guess if you leave the windows of your car tight shut with no air circulating within, the heat from the exhaust of the rampage combined with the temperature could've melted the body. Me thinks the body aint that strong. :(

Definitly the heat, Phoenix in the summer the temps stay between 115-120 degree's, and was even hotter inside the cab of the truck.

I have left my 1/8 scale bodies in there like that with no problems.

No exhuast ever touched the body as I have never ran the car with this body on it.

M

magnum57

Darin @ Redcat will take care of you I'm sure, these guys are first class. Will summer ever be over ???? I'm not looking forward to comming back to Phoenix. Hangin on the beach in Sandiego. I have my truck here and I don't think they like me running it up and down the alley here. Oh well this thing goes where I go lol..... Mama thinks I'm nuts.

Skater229

I had mine in the back of my truck, but the body was in the cab... I caught it before it got too bad, but yes it will melt if left in a car... I even had a small window open, but was still hot enough to soften the plastic and let it bend...

Skater

NitroBurn

The body on my truck is getting warped from the heat comeing off the x-can. Is Redcat working on getting the bodies made of better lexan?

... G ...

Nitro Pit/One Hobbies said:
Had to pay for a new one....oh well, lesson learned.
thats to bad...i hope they upgrade thier bodies soon...it will be hard to sell a truck that the body doesn't even make it home....also it will suck to have to buy a new FG body to put on the REDCAT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online