• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wanted to share my winter build list with others, especially those new to 5th scale - Enjoy :)

westsiderkg

Hi Folks, First off thank you all! I could NEVER have gotten to this point w/o the forum!!! G-man in particular took the time to address allot of my questions. Greatly appreciate your patience! To help others I wanted to pause for a moment and share my winter build list in a consolidated format, especially to assist those newer to 5th scale as I am also relatively new and it’s been a longer than anticipated learning curve for me and I wish I had a clean list to work off from day 1. The idea behind my build was to assemble a Rampage in a manner better suited (IMHO) for a bit more power and reliability w/o getting into an upgraded engine (which I will still do downstream after I blow this one up, hehehe). Anyway, I spent allot of time reading old posts as well as learning a bit solo…along with a few fails, while learning to apply allot of patience. Hopefully this helps others as its hard (IMHO) to start out sometimes without knowing the hobby lingo let alone what fits, what doesn’t, where to get parts, what to avoid, etc. Enjoy!

BASELINE: Redcat Rampage MT V3 32cc

HOP-UPS (UPGRADES) INCLUDE:
  • Spektrum S9020 Steering Servo (1) w/ matching Dynamite DBXL Aluminum Servo Arm 15T
  • HiTech HS-7954SH High Torque Servo, waterproofed w / plastidip, with matching HiTech 55702 Aluminum Throttle / Brake Servo horn
  • Futaba aluminum servo mount 050010B
  • Futaba 3PV Telemetry Transmitter Radio with Life 6.6V 1900 mah 2 cell battery pack
  • 7.4V LRP 430352 Vtec lipo battery w/JST male to JR Futaba female connector
  • 8k clutch kit (HPI) w / piston stop and hpi flywheel pulling tool
  • Turtle racing blue aluminum clutch housing case for Losi
  • Aluminum gas cap 050032, w/ custom blue aluminum vent tube
  • DDM dominator tuned pipe w/ black thermally insulated heat wrap
  • DT1 Triple Flow Air filter w / DT1 outerwear’s cover
  • DDM tall velocity stack
  • Z-RC black aluminum manifold
  • NKG CMR7H spark Plug
  • RRC-05K motor kill switch
  • King Motor Baja HPI axel boot covers w/Peak synthetic grease for cva’s
  • Rovan CNC Aluminum Engine, Head Cover, Metal Pawl Pull Start Kit
  • Killer RC SSSS Stainless Steel Pull Start Cable
  • Redcat 50913 Blue Body
  • DDM easy grip body clips – blue
  • Aluminum roll cage 050018B
  • Aluminum capped wheel nuts 050031
  • Aluminum body posts 050015B
  • Full Force Metallic Blue Shock Outerwear’s
  • Walbro 1107 carburetor (stock)
  • Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating on gear cover

MISC:
  • Klotz Gas burner Modelube oil
  • No Spill 1405 gas can
  • SkyRC Imax charging station w / Readytosky 19-1 banana plug
  • RCScrewz Rampage MT V3 stainless steel screw kit
  • Shoreline Marine Oil mixing bottle
  • Blue Loctite for all metal-to-metal componentry
  • Mystery Oil and Stabile fuel stabilizer
Lastly, get a set of hex keys w / handles, precision screwdrivers, and a magnetic dish for part tinkering.

Again…many thanks to all those who have helped me to this point and in the future as well as I still have much to learn.

:)

pantherrilla

Hi Folks, First off thank you all! I could NEVER have gotten to this point w/o the forum!!! G-man in particular took the time to address allot of my questions. Greatly appreciate your patience! To help others I wanted to pause for a moment and share my winter build list in a consolidated format, especially to assist those newer to 5th scale as I am also relatively new and it’s been a longer than anticipated learning curve for me and I wish I had a clean list to work off from day 1. The idea behind my build was to assemble a Rampage in a manner better suited (IMHO) for a bit more power and reliability w/o getting into an upgraded engine (which I will still do downstream after I blow this one up, hehehe). Anyway, I spent allot of time reading old posts as well as learning a bit solo…along with a few fails, while learning to apply allot of patience. Hopefully this helps others as its hard (IMHO) to start out sometimes without knowing the hobby lingo let alone what fits, what doesn’t, where to get parts, what to avoid, etc. Enjoy!

BASELINE: Redcat Rampage MT V3 32cc

HOP-UPS (UPGRADES) INCLUDE:

Spektrum S9020 Steering Servo (1) w/ matching Dynamite DBXL Aluminum Servo Arm 15T

HiTech HS-7954SH High Torque Servo, waterproofed w / plastidip, with matching HiTech 55702 Aluminum Throttle / Brake Servo horn

Futaba aluminum servo mount 050010B

Futaba 3PV Telemetry Transmitter Radio with Life 6.6V 1900 mah 2 cell battery pack

7.4V LRP 430352 Vtec lipo battery w/JST male to JR Futaba female connector

8k clutch kit (HPI) w / piston stop and hpi flywheel pulling tool

Turtle racing blue aluminum clutch housing case for Losi

Aluminum gas cap 050032, w/ custom blue aluminum vent tube

DDM dominator tuned pipe w/ black thermally insulated heat wrap

DT1 Triple Flow Air filter w / DT1 outerwear’s cover

DDM tall velocity stack

Z-RC black aluminum manifold

NKG CMR7H spark Plug

RRC-05K motor kill switch

King Motor Baja HPI axel boot covers w/Peak synthetic grease for cva’s

Rovan CNC Aluminum Engine, Head Cover, Metal Pawl Pull Start Kit

Killer RC SSSS Stainless Steel Pull Start Cable

Redcat 50913 Blue Body

DDM easy grip body clips – blue

Aluminum roll cage 050018B

Aluminum capped wheel nuts 050031

Aluminum body posts 050015B

Full Force Metallic Blue Shock Outerwear’s

Walbro 1107 carburetor (stock)

Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating on gear cover

MISC:

Klotz Gas burner Modelube oil

No Spill 1405 gas can

SkyRC Imax charging station w / Readytosky 19-1 banana plug

RCScrewz Rampage MT V3 stainless steel screw kit

Shoreline Marine Oil mixing bottle

Blue Loctite for all metal-to-metal componentry

Mystery Oil and Stabile fuel stabilizer

Lastly, get a set of hex keys w / handles, precision screwdrivers, and a magnetic dish for part tinkering.

Again…many thanks to all those who have helped me to this point and in the future as well as I still have much to learn.

:)
yep G-man is the MAN...he's helping me also with my MT re-build...i call him the MT-guru

G-Man

Dude Your rig looks so badass!!!! Very nice build there Man. I am really liking the aluminum engine covers! You listed them as being made by Rovan? I may look into that, I have never seen those before. Made the engine just pop Man!! Also what kind of killswitch did You use? Hopefully it is lipo capable, otherwise I think You are going to have a very reliable rig. Great job Bro!!

westsiderkg

Dude Your rig looks so badass!!!! Very nice build there Man. I am really liking the aluminum engine covers! You listed them as being made by Rovan? I may look into that, I have never seen those before. Made the engine just pop Man!! Also what kind of killswitch did You use? Hopefully it is lipo capable, otherwise I think You are going to have a very reliable rig. Great job Bro!!

Thanks. I used the ramtech kill switch. Seems to work well with the setup I had at 6v.

Last edited:

westsiderkg

Thanks. I used the ramtech kill switch. Seems to work well with the setup I have.

Agreed. Can't wait for the weather to break! Going to switch over to the killer b switch from rc. Appreciate the 7.4v reminder, lol...total oversight on my part.

If anyone wants a ramtech...basically new...for a very good price shoot me a pm.

G-Man

Agreed. Can't wait for the weather to break! Going to switch over to the killer b switch from rc. Appreciate the 7.4v reminder, lol...total oversight on my part.

If anyone wants a ramtech...basically new...for a very good price shoot me a pm.
You are welcome!!

TPSF

Thank you for the list, I have used it to try and replicate some of your upgrades, wish more people did that so it's easy for us to find the parts!

TPSF

Strange question: even with the screens they allowed enough grass to get to the engine to start smoking and almost catch fire, other than keep an extinguisher handy do you have any tips? I didn't run it long either and land with grass is about our only option around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.