• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

SOLD / FOUND Wanted ddm 30.5 ported motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurred vision

Wanted ddm 30.5 race ported motor with little use. Must be mint. This is the complete motor from ddm that is 4.5 hp. Thanks Scott

blurred vision

Yes, Thankyou, I have talked to him and its a head kit. I would rather the complete motor that came from ddm.

kryptonite

oh.. i thought he was selling the whole motor.. im pretty sure he is.. incase you were wondering.. ddm installs the 30.5 headkit ontop of a cy23 case. kaz also has upgraded case bearing wich the ddm motors have standard cy bearings..

blurred vision

Thanks guys, I ordered a new 30.5 ported esp motor from ddm today. I hope this takes the low speed bog away at take off and makes it fast.

kryptonite

what pipe ya running? the 30.5 will give you that low end torque as long as its not any other issue, like clutch. i just went thru that and it was a warn out 8k clutch spring..

blurred vision

I have the jet pro pipe with the silencer. I will not run the silencer. Im not happy with the looks of the side mount pipe, but if it works, so be it.

kryptonite

the jet-pro is a real good pipe for performance. they are fugly tho. it took me some time to get used to the side dom and now i wouldnt have it any other way

kryptonite

nope. the baja will smoke a rampage in top speed. but the 4wd has proven itself on the track. a tt will surely make it around a track faster and will pull off the line faster too. its just too much gear reduction and wieght with the 4wd. if you are refering to the MT and want it to be more responsive after your motor job, think strongly about ditching those lead weights on the axel's. that will make a HUGE diffrence. kaz weighed the MT tires in at nearly 10lbs wich is about double the weight of excavators. you'll get better stearing and and throttle responce. the proline excavators and desporato rims are almost the same hieght as the stock MT tires, but narrower and lighter..

kryptonite

blurred vision said:
Does the clutch help get rid of the bog from the start running the big tires?
yes. an 8k spring will engage at a higher rpm. that will get it out of the hole faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.