• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Want to buy an xb e and use 8s!

Cobalt172

Hey guys,

I have a 2wd rustler and a 6s Keaton and WANT this buggy really bad.

I am curious how fast this is out of the box on 6s?

Also I see there is a 7075rc mount I can get. My question is what would be the best overall esc motor upgrade to run 8s? Do I need that custom motor mount?

Cobalt172

I did the 7075 mount route. 8s, gps clocked it at 118km/h

Cool!

Question does the 7075 motor mount fit on the stock chassis?

Another: What esc and motor should I get?

Can you use stock spur gear or do you need a different spur?

colafiend2003

It bolts right in....unless the motor is too big. I had to shift it 4mm towards the rear to fit my choice of motor. Here is part of the listing I put on kijiji:
Top of the line motor (Leopard Hobby 58110) with dual Castle cooling fans and ESC (Mamba XLX). 8S powerhouse. Gens Ace batteries. Custom made 28000 mf cap pack. Aluminum upgrades. Modified chassis. 7075 motor mount. 4 wheel drive. Baja 5b axle adapters for 5b wheels and tires. Baja 5b shocks
Castle 2028 fits easily. I just had the Leopard available immediately, 8n stock at the hobby store.

Attachments

• 20190528_152619.jpg
    20190528_152619.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

colafiend2003

Needs an aftermarket spur. I'm running an 18 tooth MOD 1.5 spur. Torque monster. Cant keep the rubber on the wheels when hot dogging on asphalt. Blows the beads apart. Gotta glue them as well as bead seals.

colafiend2003

Made the front aluminum brace between the front diff and motor mount. It reinforces the chassis, beautifully.

Cobalt172

Ok wait,

I really need to know everything I need:

What motor for an 8s system and ESC should I get without having to drill holes and move the mount and spur gear? (way above my head man)

What is this about a aftermarket spur? who sells this spur gear? How do I install it?

I basically want a system that will work on 8s, with a 7075 motor mount and cam and a new spur and no other changes.

If I get the 7075 motor mount and Cam that will enable to run an 8s motor correct?

colafiend2003

You'll need a good esc...Castle would be much choice. The downloadable data is very informative. The castle 2028 motor will fit. I don't remember where I ordered the spur gear from. But as long as it is a MOD 1.5 spur gear, from 14-18 teeth, it will work. 8mm bore. Locks on with the provided grub screw. Google will find these parts online

Cobalt172

What is 8mm bore? Are you referring to the motor shaft diameter?

Ok so with a stock xb e, a 7075 motor mount AND CAM, castle esc and a castle 2028 and a mod 1.5 Spur gear. I am good to go correct?

Cobalt172

So awesome I really appreciate your help.

What about a hobbywing 1100kv and max6 combo? Would that fit? I don't think I need a massive 800k motor LOL

Any link to a replacement spur? Why do I need to replace the spur in the first place?

colafiend2003

Sorry. No spur gear change...only pinion gear...(Motor gear). I'm bad with part names. I'm running 18t now
Not sure on other motors. I just researched the maximum and went nuts...lol

colafiend2003

Just the gear for the motor drive shaft.
The only dimension of the motor that is important here, is the length. Measure the space between the cam and the steering pivot. That motor fits, if I remember...Best for you to check yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.