• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro WT-1107 default settings

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Anyone know the default settings for the Walbro WT-1107 by chance?
May be helpful or not but since I never trust carbs to be always set from factory I went with HSN 1 1/2 and LSN 1 1/4 before firing it for the first time. It started within a couple pull and I tuned from there.

So no I don't know the factory needle settings but the regular carb settings work.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Anyone know the default settings for the Walbro WT-1107 by chance?

I'm pretty sure Rob said 3/4 LSN & 7/8 HSN

That's about where I'm running mine on a 29cc anyway.

Ice_2k

Wow, that lean?! I was thinking they should be close to the 990 defaults, which are 1 1/8 LSN and 1 5/8 HSN.

Ice_2k

designed2survive said:
May be helpful or not but since I never trust carbs to be always set from factory I went with HSN 1 1/2 and LSN 1 1/4 before firing it for the first time. It started within a couple pull and I tuned from there.So no I don't know the factory needle settings but the regular carb settings work.
Yeah, I guess all that matters is getting the engine started, then it's easier to tune. If no one knows the exact defaults for the WT-1107, I think I'm gonna start with the WT-990 defaults, seems like a closer match than the stock WT-668 (which is actually a Walbro clone, not an actual Walbro, I think Ruixing is the name I saw on the bottom of it).

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Wow, that lean?! I was thinking they should be close to the 990 defaults, which are 1 1/8 LSN and 1 5/8 HSN.
At those settings mine would flood

I was concerned when my LSN was less than 1after tuning but all is good

Mine is a 990 which is the same carb without a choke

All carbs and motors are different so yours may be different after tuning

Ice_2k

I know you need to lean the settings when adding a tuned pipe, maybe that also contributes to your lean settings...

Ice_2k

I meant compared to the stock 990 settings, which (according to OBR) are way richer than what you're running

Ice_2k

I took those values from the

. They're not talking about the values in relation to any engine, just the default settings for the carb.

Ice_2k

I'll let you know!

P.S. So nice to have someone else on a timezone closer to mine :) ) All the other guys are many hours apart from me, usually getting replies only the next day.

imaudi5000

Fyi, I tried the 'stock' settings for the 1107 carb on my stock MT 32cc and it ran but was super rich and fouled my spark plug in less than 20 min and couldn't get it tuned. So I fixed everything and tried the settings from designed2survive and that worked great! 👍
So I vote for HSN 1 1/2 and LSN 1 1/4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.