• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro 990 vs stock

Sergio

Hey guys I got a rampage mt and I use the stock carb but I have the walbro 990 too in fact I ordered it way before I got the truck in the mail and I ordered it cause I read here that every one recommended it so what it de difference if I install the 990 my mt is pretty new only like two tanks

G

The 990 doesn't have the low end bog like the factory carb. It also hold a tune better than the factory carb.

I run them. They are a nice improvement over stock.

Guantanamo Joe

When you pull the trigger to go from stop to full throttle on your stock carb, it bogs down for about a half-second before it tears ass down the path. The 990 does not- it will just get up and go on demand.

As far as holding a tune... it seems with my stock carb, I would be adjusting the needles periodically because it wasnt running as good as the last time I drove it. I have had the 990 for a few weeks now and it only needed tuning once.

Deluge

The stock carb is a 668 clone, basically. And the 668 tends to lag on the low end. You can't tune it out, I've tried. The 990 doesn't have this low end lag, and it'll hold a tune better than the stock carb.

Sergio

Oh I see all clear I did notice it takes it a second to go guess I'll install the 990 to see the difference. Thank you

G

Sergio said:
Oh I see all clear I did notice it takes it a second to go guess I'll install the 990 to see the difference. Thank you
Good Luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.