• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Walbro 990 carb and new av 543 intake

Beat the neighbor's RC

Just installed the new carb and intake to hopefully make starting the Rampage easier. Still hard to start. Anyone know what high low needle setting should be for this carb? Figured it would come preset. I can get it to start but it wears out my arm and once it runs it wants to bog out after running for 5 minutes or so. Lean out the idle?

Thanks for any input or help.

Beat the neighbor's RC

Tank is vented. Ordered a power starter from Killer RC, hopefully that will make it easier to start and tune. Thinking it just needs some tweaking on the carb. Got a new plug coming as well. Got to get it ready to race the neighbors this weekend!

Phill

Beat the neighbor said:
Just installed the new carb and intake to hopefully make starting the Rampage easier. Still hard to start. Anyone know what high low needle setting should be for this carb? Figured it would come preset. I can get it to start but it wears out my arm and once it runs it wants to bog out after running for 5 minutes or so. Lean out the idle?Thanks for any input or help.
I started at 1 1/4 on the low but ended up running it at 3/4 after tuning

Phill

Beat the neighbor said:
Thanks Phill, will try that.
They are all different

Once you get it going it's just a matter of fiddling

Use VERY small adjustments on the needles til you find the sweet spot

sportyy

Wt990 setting

Low 1 1/8 high 1 5/8 on carburetor WT 990

phreerider

sportyy said:
Low 1 1/8 high 1 5/8 on carburetor WT 990
START HERE

do low first . closing to even smooth sound with maybe towards slight speed increase , find "in the middle" somewhere.

after warm up, test transition to hi if bogs start closing hi, a click or 2 and run it up to speed...repeat til...

tops out without breaking up and favor a fatter setting BELOW PEAK

RampageHopUps said:
Low 7/8" High 1 1/4"
FINISH here.... depend so ON TEMP/HUMIDTY/elva., your gas/mix , the pipe...

ika

Beat the neighbor said:
Tank is vented. Ordered a power starter from Killer RC, hopefully that will make it easier to start and tune. Thinking it just needs some tweaking on the carb. Got a new plug coming as well. Got to get it ready to race the neighbors this weekend!
I have hard start problem with keller rc power starter too.

Have you installed power starter ???

Phill

ika said:
I have hard start problem with keller rc power starter too.Have you installed power starter ???
No need for a power starter

It will just help you flood it faster

How's your spark?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts