• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

vrc pipe

flint mann

Just mounted a silenced VCR pipe to my tt5 this evening, To do it I had to mount it to a large x-port through the hole in the back shock tower. It will need a good bumper, it sticks way out. The back brace for the roll cage had to be pulled. For something that isn't designed for the rampage it fits rather well I did some preliminary testing and things are looking good. As soon as the weather breaks I'll do some further testing. Pics soon to follow as soon as they upload

Clubin

Banned
That fit prety good. I am curious to see the vrc pipe for the Rampage. You will have to make up some type of protection fo the pipe though,

flint mann

When I put it on that was the first thing I started mullin over, makin some protection for the pipe. Its has had a rough tumble or two in its short life span, which is why a stout bumper is the first thing I was thinking about

flint mann

that it is !! it seems that it looked like a jet pro track pipe when I first got it lol. But a little food and water and some tlc and this is what it grew up to be :D

flint mann

Will finish the "bumper" tonight. It will never win any beauty contests but it will do the job, pics to come shortly.

flint mann

Had to do it!!! broke out my 2x and took the pipe off the tt and put it on for fitment purposes. It will with out any Xport but it has the same problem as it does with the TT it sticks way out and would have to mod the bumper and mount for the cage on the 2X. Not to steal my own thread... but... I have tried all the other pipes I own as well. It looks like the HPI tuned pipe will fit with no or little modding. RD logics Sprint mod and unmodded fit. The rear dom will work without any mods but it would probably be nicer with them. The very first thing that needs to be done before any pipe is mounted is get rid of the flex. It is even more pronounced in the 2X then the TT or MT.

Last edited by a moderator:

flint mann

Ran the tt today with the "bumper" the engine don't even notice its there but the shocks and springs sure do. I ran it as pictured, with the AT's. It broke the rear tires loose on cement. Of course with a little "encouragement ", like a slight bump, the front end comes up but not too far because the bottom bar acts like a wheelie bar.

DemonRC

Sprint 77 said:
Bring that thing over Flintman I'll widdle on it for ya. the pipe itself and you won;t need that bumper.
Hell, I'd love to see what you can do with that pipe. Send it over Flint :)

Sprint 77

Contributor
I did get to see this pipe run and I have to say this is the best perforing "Quiet Pipe" I have seen yet for any of you that live in city limits with anal neighbors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.