• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Volcano epx pro problem

cuffs50

So I bought two of these for Christmas. One for my dad and one for my son. Both are plagued with similar problems so far. They both started kind of a jerking motion after the first battery cycle. After jerking forward a couple times they would take off. Now my sons won't run forward/reverse at all and my dads still does the jerking thing. What do I need to replace to fix the problem. I heard that the volcanoes commonly come with bad servos. Could that be it or is it something else? I bought myself a caldera 10e and have been extremely happy with it so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cuffs50

I am certain the battery is charged. Could it still be the gears even it will take off in spurts then start the jerking again? Redcat warranty service advised me to call and they would walk me through disabling the low voltage cutoff as this may be causing the problem. Is it a good idea to do that? Then they advised that if that didn't solve the problem they would send me a new servo.

GoffeeRedCat

What kind of battery are you using? Lipo or NiMH? It may be the ESC....I would call them back and ask for a new tech to diagnose with you. They shouldn't be sending you a new servo, they should be sending you a new esc ...the low voltage cutoff is for Lipo batteries

cuffs50

I'm only using the nimh battery it came with. I'm brand new to the hobby but I thought the only thing the servo did was control the steering so that solution confused me too. How difficult would it be for me to switch out the esc myself if they send me one? I'm really wishing at this point I would've bought us all calderas because mine has taken a good beating and is running like a champ. Hope its not too much of a headache :confused:

GoffeeRedCat

It's super easy to switch out an ESC... Just unplug the connections from the motor and usually the esc is on double sided taped on what ever its on....but if not just find the screw holding it! But I would try turning off the low voltage cut off first!! If it's on

cuffs50

That's great news! Hopefully the lvc works and my son can start having as much fun as i have with my caldera. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I figured I wouldn't have too much trouble working on the trucks. He's only 5 so I'm sure ill do plenty if repairs. Only thing I've never done is solder anything. How hard is that to pick up? Any advice about anything rc is much appreciated. I learned quickly that thread lock will be a valuable tool when I lost a screw on my first run with the caldera.

GoffeeRedCat

soldering isnt difficult!! almost like welding! get the wires your trying to solder hot first, then apply the solder..don't over saturate the wire with solder just get it to were its silver

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.