• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Very Disappointed

mad man

my friend and myself each purchased a Rampage XT. They have both been troublesome from the get go. We both broke the pullcords due to the engines not wanting to fire up. We took the machines right apart to loctite it all and there was several bolts missing. During break in my neighbor broke a dogbone cup and my gears stripped. So waited a week for parts to come and replaced the gears. Ran the machine for 10 mins at the most and same thing happened. My friend's machine did the exact same thing but all of his gears went. People say that it's the gear plate. If thats the case than it should be warranty as it's an obvious factory default. The workmanship and quality that goes in to these products is not up to par.

Ok, enough ranting.

Does anybody have any tips or solutions so that we can actually enjoy these things until we can get our hands on Rovans? I really cant justify spending much more money on these units.

RampageHopUps

Learn how to pull the starter as a minimum. If you are just jack-hammering the starter, you will break cords and get blisters.

Do you have steel gears on these?

mad man

I got the cord fixed now but I cant get the gears to last what have u done and what should I do

mad man

i just want to make sure thats the problem

and im not buying stuff and wasting my time.

So that is why im asking rcgasser

RampageHopUps

I agree with adding an aluminum gear holder and also a new set of higher grade bearings.

Wayne

Make sure the gear that is attached to the center differental and brakes is straight. Push the vehicle on the floor and it should roll freely forward and backward. When I received my XB it was not straight and caused the gear mesh to be off which caused the teeth to break. My vehicle would not roll forward and backward freely. There is a coulper (part # 50075) that connects the Diff. Drive Pinion (part# 50074) and the First Way Shaft (part# 50024). On my vehicle the Diff. Drive Pinion and First Way Shaft were not seated properly. You will also want to get the MT or 7075 Gear Plate but the XB Gear Plate should not cause the gears to go that quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

mad man

everything looks good just hope that the aluminum gear plate will fix the problem of the gears breaking i hat wasting time and money if thats not the problem.

Ol' fart

That is the problem. The plastic gets hot and gears move around and eat each other. I sell an aluminum plate for $90 but it comes with all new, bigger bearings and I have never heard of one failing.

BertR

Don't get butt hurt this early... It is a issue most address out of the gate with a better plate with larger bearings. When you put the gears on make sure they are all perfectly in line with each other cus if there is a miss aligned gear it will set the fail in motion. I should put some clips together to show how much abuse these cats can handle.

blak__jak

you know you could consider eliminating your problem completely by replacing gears with belt drive. just a thought. lighter and smoother drive and some kits come with 7075 gear plate. some even with old fart's lightened version.

rampage idiot

blak__jak said:
you know you could consider eliminating your problem completely by replacing gears with belt drive. just a thought. lighter and smoother drive and some kits come with 7075 gear plate. some even with old fart's lightened version.
They are an awesome setup, I run 2 of them and have never had a problem!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts