• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

v1 tt stock test

Ron E

Contributor
ran another tank thru tonight after work. found a church by work with nice short grass freshly mowed and a nice hill, no real jumps but it was fun just rockin it wide open up and down this big long hill. now that my throttle opens all the way this thing climbs up on the pipe in a few feet insted of 10-15' like before. started hearing a buzzing noise at idle, i noticed if i applied pressure on the cage it went away, noticed the plug was wet around the base... loose sparkplug. tightened the plug up and ran the tank down to about a 1/2" of fuel left, it felt like it ran forever. :) i almost felt guilty as hard as i ran her tonight, wide open on a nice long slighlty bumpy hill, the suspension worked great. the diff's are getting real loose but still hook up and throw roost at speed. damn this tt is fun... almost time to do the diff's and gear plate but they havent broke yet and i just want to see how long they hold up under hard driving but not overly abusive thrashing ;) . 8 tanks strong now and still rockin :eek:

lvh

I am also on all stock parts with my tt even a cheaper radio the stock redcat radio for nitro. Stock fail safe, no boiled parts all stock did nothing out of the box except loc-tite the wheel nuts, clutch bolts and oiled the filter, 4 tanks and it is perfect, not hard bashing but small jumps 2 foot or so, and a lot of fast straights. Tonight put on the redcat pipe for now to see how it works( i am a dealer for redcat so it was a cheap pipe) not sure what pipe i want probally a rear exit and a fuel filter. Runs strong no problems yet. I do have the Airtronics MX-Sport 2.4G FHSS-2 Computer Radio with built in fail safe and 3 channel and the red clutch spring comming tomorrow. Buy the way how is the red 8000 spring on stock engine and gears. ps it is a v 2

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I love mine with a 28.5cc. I have heard some people say the springs stretch a bit after a while making them easier to engage whigh reduces the rpm it engages at. But they are cheap so I will throw on spare new ones if that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts