• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

v1 tt stock test

Ron E

Contributor
tonight I ran 2 more tanks through the tt, 5 tanks total now. stock gear plate and gears, stock diffs, stock servo's and stock fail safe... :) . only mods to date - ddm side pipe, centered drive shafts, replaced 1 axle pin with a drill bit shaft and installed the updated outer axle cups since axles were out. gear cover is opened on the bottom and vented with holes. hpi air filter. updated shock springs and 40/50 wt shock oil. running 40/1 amsoil. at almost the end of the second tank tonight about 150' away she just stopped, sat there ideling with the brake on, the fail safe worked. came home and cleaned / inspected for damage, none. charged stock reciever pack for more abuse tomorrow. by the way, I have a mt with all the mods and just wanted to see how the tt would last stock & it's doing very well. this is with a 70.oo hi-tec radio. i'll continue to install the upgrade kit but only when something breaks. also, i was not nice to it tonight, lot's of high speed runs and long smooth jumps, 1-2' high and about 10-15' long, not abused like moo or krypt but for the average person wanting a great priced 4x4 1/5th scale, the rampage rocks.

everything listed here, under 700.00 including radio. i'm still grinning :D

talk about drawing a crowd !!! men and boys stopping to watch, lots of "man thats cool"

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

thats awsome. how is the hitech working for you as far as range. i have one for a spare(wich i used on sunday:() and it only gets about 100' range and takes off..

now that i think about it, my tt is basicly stock as well. just has the upgrade kit installed and a witty-bitty head kit/pipe combo.. but no chassis/tire upgrades and stock stearing servo. it holds together great with little to no issues. also running stock plastic redcat gears:D.. glad to see its working out for you and im glad you posted this up.. alot of posts are issues or problems. we rarely post up how good our rigs are in stock condition..

Ron E

Contributor
I know the radio's not that good so I don't let her go to far... about 200' max and it does twitch some, but not horrible. futaba 3pm 2.4 is next after the tt's paid for.

I just wanted anybody reading this forum and considering a rampage to know the tt is a great buy and worth every penny, with MINOR work it shreds and is hours of freakin crazy fun.

thanks to Rob @ rampage hop ups and DDM for both offering great deals on Rampage packages right now... every one should have 2 or 3. :D

hamster huey

Yes! Even for a beginner who might consider a Revo or Maxx for around the same price (while the v1s are still 570) the TT with upgrade kit and dom is way better! Add a radio and go! I found the TQ3 ($30) to work great! Easier to tune/maintain, cheaper to run, goes more places, more reliable, way cooler, etc. etc.!

Ron E

Contributor
ok... my tt is a complete freak for sure :D

i abused it for an hour tonight at a disc golf place i found, awesome hill with 3 step up jumps, nice and smooth jumps and landings, but still good air. ran across a soccar field wide open then launched up the hill and back down for an hour, finally was so packed with grass i had to stop. the diffs are feeling a little loose, not as much posi action but still working fine. i bet they let go tomorrow... :) then i'll install the upgade diffs and 5k / 7k diff fluids. 7 tanks now and still rockin. :eek:

cleaned and inspected, still ok other than the haybale i removed. outerwears should be here fri... much needed.

hardcore

im with you. my next one is a tt, i think the rubber on the mt is the killer of everything, i thought about truing up my mt tires on a lathe, take off some pounds, ??

Z

ZielkeRacing

Nice to hear Ron!! Thats great, I should be able to run my converted one this weekend but it has been raining all week. This rain around here lately - its a bugger.

Last edited:

kryptonite

the difs are getting lose right? there is only a little bit of grease in there. i bet they will last you a while. most of the issues were with the mt and those cuntgantic tires.. you'll really notice a nice diffrence with the 5/7 combo. still a little front end wheel spin out of the turns, but it will help drag thru with some control. on my on-road i did 40k rear and 20k front and its way too tight. the rear kicks out like a 2wd nitro and pushes like a bull going into a turn.. i'll be going 3/7 like my tt.. try to get us some pics if you can. wouldnt mind checking out the mt as well. i only saw it in stock trim..

Ron E

Contributor
ya, lots of rain here also, but tues evening and today have been nice and i'm taking advantage of it... :D

also the more my reciever battery cycles the better my radio works... went about 300' today with no issues. even stock she's a blast. now i can't wait to finish the desert truck / mt.

i got my diff fluid, 3-5-7-30 and 50k, but i'll go 3/7, i'm enjoying not breaking.

good to hear about the diff's not letting go, thanks again krypt.

i'm saving the mt tires, i keep everything... pack rat.

i'll get some pic's. mt's comming togther nicely, but not in that big of hurry now that the tt's here. love the tt w/o the body but it's a grass magnet.

Z

ZielkeRacing

My stock battery did the same thing, works great now. I should change it out but I will later, its not broken right?? :)

Ron E

Contributor
kryptonite said:
i second that!! the mt LOVES the snow and those huge tires are great for ground clearance and traction. heres one for the books.. oldy, but goody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCKnd_zTkBo&feature=channel_page
love that video, watched all yours a million times... :)

ya, i'll take the desp/excavator combo off the mt this winter and try the monsters in the snow, sounds like fun... my alum pig with the 28.5 and sprint dom will be fun in the winter. :D

Ron E

Contributor
t/b servo on the tt died tonight, replaced it with the stock one from the mt, it has hi-tecs... had to remove the steering arm off the servo and removed the hpi air filter so i could get my hands in to hold the nut/bar things the 4 servo screws go into. while the air filter was off i checked to see if the throttle was opening all the way, NO WAY... throttle was opening 2/3 only. made some adjustments and went to do some speed runs, richened her up till she blubbered on top the leaned just a hair... HOLY CRAP :eek: now it shreds... one of the pre run checks says check throttle, now i know why, it's a LOT faster when the throttle opens all the way. now my stock tt tires are almost bald on the rear. :) gettin better all the time.

kryptonite

Ron E said:
t/b servo on the tt died tonight, replaced it with the stock one from the mt, it has hi-tecs... had to remove the steering arm off the servo and removed the hpi air filter so i could get my hands in to hold the nut/bar things the 4 servo screws go into. while the air filter was off i checked to see if the throttle was opening all the way, NO WAY... throttle was opening 2/3 only. made some adjustments and went to do some speed runs, richened her up till she blubbered on top the leaned just a hair... HOLY CRAP :eek: now it shreds... one of the pre run checks says check throttle, now i know why, it's a LOT faster when the throttle opens all the way. now my stock tt tires are almost bald on the rear. :) gettin better all the time.
ive been fighting with my mt and the throttle linkage. have everything set to max and it is still a little more then 2/3 open. its like my throttle servo just doesn't have enough throw to get it all the way opened. so when your throttle servo went, did it take off on ya? thats what my first one did. had to chase after it in the snow..lol

Ron E

Contributor
i added fuel tube to the front of the throttle linkage like i saw in a picture of yolonda's and took out a little gap i had that i had seen in a picture of moo's... now it opens till the butterfly's flat, was angled pretty good before, about 2/3?

i got lucky when the throttle servo went... opened up for just a second and it was heading away from me on the road, just started turning her back and it just stopped, i thought the fail safe kicked in but i new my reciever battery was fully charged. carried the pig back and figured it was the servo. after verifying it was i swapped out for the stock one from my mt. looks like i better invest in another hi-tec or something equal.

did i mention it rips now with the throttle opening all the way... :D

kryptonite

Ron E said:
did i mention it rips now with the throttle opening all the way... :D
uhmm. ya, i kind of assumed that it would run better at full throttle.. i still cant figure mine out. ive adjusted all the throttle linkage colors and evrything. it just wont open the carb all the way. moved the position of the servo horn and double checked my radio settings. i think its my servo not opening all the way. i don't have any brakes eather. im going to try and swap out the servo..oh great.. have to deal with those little plastic "crap caps" again..

Ron E

Contributor
good advice moo, i better put a good servo in, i'm pushing my luck with the stock t/b servo. last night was a warning and i got lucky it stopped instead of taking off wide open... :eek: next purchase will be a servo. maybe i'll rob the hi-tec from the mt for now since it's apart and i'm running the tt more. ya a kill switch, good idea, i'll put that on the list also. thanks.

kryptonite

hey moo, i do have sub trims. im using my 3pm. i can clearly see the servo doesn't travel as far as the one in my tt. they are both 645's, but the mt's has been soaked and abused for about 2 years.(old servo past from rig to rig)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts