• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Using Cen Genesis wheels/tires?

GeneralG

Anyone thought of trying to use the Cen Genesis dish wheels and tires on the Redcat buggy?

They are 23mm hex, so they should fit on the Redcats no problem other than maybe the wheel offset could be an issue. Anyone have a set of Cen Genesis wheels laying around to try?

Here's the one's I'm talking about.

dadc_1.JPG

PhatDad

A great set of tires is going to be a must have for the buggy anyways. I almost got 5 tanks tanks of gas before all my tires side walls came apart. Hard rubber foam would be a plus as well.

flint mann

I thought the same thing, has a genesis. The center hole is a tad smaller and there isn't enough meat in the hex on the cen rim. If it would fit I think it would strip out quickly. I agree with Phat that hard foams are needed. HPI's rear hexes fit right on so all the tires that go on the baja will go on the redcat like the long wearing hostiles MX's. I have about 2 tanks on mine and have had no problems yet with the tires but has pleanty of baja tires and rims if and when I do!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

The Gensis tire and wheel combo are not strong enough. The foam is realllly bad int here. I would switch to Baja tires if you want longer lasting and more choices.

PhatDad

Baja tires wont work with the stock 23mm hub. I have some old hpi 24mm hubs. I will see if they fit. I no the bearing sizes are the same.

zap

Can confirm hpi fits

RampageHopUps said:
The stock HPI hubs will fit.
Just tried it i wanted to try the rampage mt wheels on the baja and the hubs do fit rims a bit close to top ball end on the rear but bolts straight up .Also tried the

baja hub on rampage and it also fits .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.