• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Used Rampages

hamster huey

I think they hold there value well. RTR v2s were around 800-850 new. A used RTR v2 is still around 500. Roller v2s were around 450-550. A used v2 roller is around 350. Similar story with the v1s. That doesn't sound like abnormal RC depreciation to me. They are still cheap forms of entertainment if you get your use out of them (cost per hour, even with depreciation isnt much if you use it alot). They are a lot cheaper than some other hobbies even with depreciation factored in.

don't hold it against the Rampage if you put a ton of money in unnecessary or non Redcat hopups and the hopups arent worth anything. don't hold it against Rampage that you bought without shopping around for the best pirce. don't hold it against Rampage if you paid someone a few hundred more to build it for you and cant get that back.

Just my opinion. Im using the crap out of mine so my cost per hour including depreciation is low. I also start with rollers to keep the cost of deprecation lower by selling them as used rollers when Im done. I shopped around for my hopups too so Ill get more than 50% back on my non Redcat hopups also.

Spend wisely, use what you buy, do it yourself, and you wont get burned.

cordy

hamster huey

Well said, but we must remember education is expensive, especially for a new commer.That being said ,as you said Hamster,use it, love it,hate it.Most of all have fun and enjoy it.

csp1971

Contributor
hamster huey said:
I think they hold there value well. RTR v2s were around 800-850 new. A used RTR v2 is still around 500. Roller v2s were around 450-550. A used v2 roller is around 350. Similar story with the v1s. That doesn't sound like abnormal RC depreciation to me. They are still cheap forms of entertainment if you get your use out of them (cost per hour, even with depreciation isnt much if you use it alot). They are a lot cheaper than some other hobbies even with depreciation factored in.
don't hold it against the Rampage if you put a ton of money in unnecessary or non Redcat hopups and the hopups arent worth anything. don't hold it against Rampage that you bought without shopping around for the best pirce. don't hold it against Rampage if you paid someone a few hundred more to build it for you and cant get that back.

Just my opinion. Im using the crap out of mine so my cost per hour including depreciation is low. I also start with rollers to keep the cost of deprecation lower by selling them as used rollers when Im done. I shopped around for my hopups too so Ill get more than 50% back on my non Redcat hopups also.

Spend wisely, use what you buy, do it yourself, and you wont get burned.
You are dead on hamsterhuey. I know I was going to sell mine, but I expected to lose money...I expect to lose money if I sold my HPI Baja as well. It's a fact of the RC world. I'm investing in the fun of the hobby.

Ron E

Contributor
I love my rampages and I have way, way, way to much money in them... :D

they're not worth much $ wise but the fun i've had with them is what I bought them for, plus the cool factor. 5th scale, it's like the pinnacle of rc'ing.

it's for sure a money pit hobby, but so are dirt bikes, drag bikes, street bikes, bmx bikes and on and on and on... I lose money on all my hobbies if I sell, but if the many hours of enjoyment I get from them count, i'm money ahead. :)

hamster huey

Exactly Ron. At least there is a return on this hobby. I was thinking the other day how Id like to go to the any of the 4 carnivals/amiusements that come to wichita every summer and they are expensive! You could drop $50 on one person in one day only a couple hours! I like amusement parks, concerts, real cars, paintball, dvd/video game/cd collecting, electronics, stereo building, dunebuggys, and lots of other stuff but its seems like the cost per hour of those things is way high compared to RC. At least if I spent $ on RC its still there the next day instead of just a happy memory of where my $ went.

fat49f1

Contributor
When i buy something i use it, i didnt buy it to look at it.When i am done with it its used up and not worth much.This truck i bought was a very good deal to get into 1/5 scale,and i will use and abuse it,and have a ball with it.And rebuild it or buy another one.

DON 44

Contributor
I have yet to find anything that comes close to putting a smile on my face like my rampage does.When it's up and running at peak performance there's nothing like it.It's my own personal little race car that i can do whatever i want to do with it..So i never consider re-sale value because i don't plan on selling them.I can't count how many thousands i've spent over the years on r/c's... Starting from my nitro day's all the way to my first monster beetle and now a couple of rampages..I don't regret spending one penny..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.