• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Upgrade front lower suspension arm

GJB56

I need to replace one of the Front lower suspension arms (50004). Wondering if I should upgrade to aluminum. I read, but cannot find the post, that someone recommended staying with plastic. Appreciate all comments.

307_Proud

I would stay with plastic if I were you, not just because of the cost. But you have to co sider that these machines, or any rc for that matter takes a beating and parts are going to break. Its all part of the hobby. The plastic parts used on these trucks are used in places where there is alot of stress, and plastic is very forgiving. If it were an aluminum suspension arm that took the beating, it would most likely cause further problems down the line. Im all for the plastic a-arms, I know that if your rough on your truck and stuff is going to break. But my rc's are not shelf queens either! If they were, they would all be blinged out with aluminum. Stick with plastic, you can even boil the parts in water for 10 to 15 min to increase flexability and durability. Hope this helps, its only my opinion.

GJB56

Thanks. I think that is what I remember reading before. Cheaper and it makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts