• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Twister XB 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Buggy

ChuenouXiao

I'm thinking about buying the Twister XB 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Buggy. Any thoughts on this buggy? How fast is it? Anything I should know?

Jody

Go for the brushless Twister XB Pro if you can, although our customers who have bought the Twisters have generally seemed happy with whichever version they got. I have to tell you the run time with the stock battery is short, though. Be sure to get another battery along with it and a quick charger if you don't already have one.

ChuenouXiao

Jody said:
Go for the brushless Twister XB Pro if you can, although our customers who have bought the Twisters have generally seemed happy with whichever version they got. I have to tell you the run time with the stock battery is short, though. Be sure to get another battery along with it and a quick charger if you don't already have one.
Does both version come with charger? How long does the stock battery last? Where to buy upgrade battery?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
What are you going to be doing with it? For bashing, it'll be fine. If you're going to race, I'd look at the Associated B4.1.
Looks sexy :D Why do you recommend it? I'm thinking about racing it... not pro but learning to race it :D ... and bash it when I don't feel like getting dirty from gas... don't get me wrong I love my gas motor :D

Deluge

The B4 is a great platform. It's easy to work on and it's easy to tune to track conditions. I used to race a B4 on the weekends, back when I first got into the hobby. It's one of my favorite R/C's.

Also, the aftermarket support is awesome and pretty much every hobby shop carries parts for them.

XBENOOB

The Twister is fast.... However, it's main weakness (other than the fact that it is 2wd) is the slipper drive. It is the one area you are going to replace a lot.

I went with the Caldera SC10E... It's 4WD and is very tough... I have been in a few races with other SC's and after a few 'bumps' the Caldera is fine, but the Traxxas 2WD and a Axial both went home with broken rear bearing carriers... lol

Besides... You can make them look like anything you want... I have changed mine into a Desert Rat... Kinda the look you were going for, but 4WD instead of 2WD... and on a 2s lipo it is fast....

Jody

ChuenouXiao said:
Does both version come with charger? How long does the stock battery last? Where to buy upgrade battery?
The stock battery won't last longer than 8-10 minutes. The Twisters, as well as the Calderas and other electric trucks from Redcat Racing all come with a trickle wall charger. These will charge, but they take a long time to charge which is why it often doesn't take long before people want to upgrade the charger. This is true with ready to run packages from Traxxas and other brands as well. A shop where you buy a Twister should be able to get an upgrade battery for you. We sell vehicles at our sister site.

Jody

XBENOOB said:
I went with the Caldera SC10E... It's 4WD and is very tough... I have been in a few races with other SC's and after a few 'bumps' the Caldera is fine, but the Traxxas 2WD and a Axial both went home with broken rear bearing carriers... lol

Besides... You can make them look like anything you want... I have changed mine into a Desert Rat... Kinda the look you were going for, but 4WD instead of 2WD... and on a 2s lipo it is fast....

I like the Desert Rat look!

I personally like the Caldera series Redcat offers. I somehow haven't been that fond of the SC10E bodies, although I like the XB 10E buggy body and the 10E truck bodies. We've certainly gotten good feedback on durability for the Caldera 10E truck.

XBENOOB

Jody said:
I like the Desert Rat look! I personally like the Caldera series Redcat offers. I somehow haven't been that fond of the SC10E bodies, although I like the XB 10E buggy body and the 10E truck bodies. We've certainly gotten good feedback on durability for the Caldera 10E truck.
The SC10E body only lasted two weeks, that's why I went with the Desert Rat look.

The SC10E bodies are extremely fragile... But the tires are great on the SC10E but they balloon too much once you throw in a 2s lipo, so I replaced them with the HPI Blitz radial's... Bit smaller, but they were only 2 bucks more per pair... and they don't balloon up...

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
The Twister is fast.... However, it's main weakness (other than the fact that it is 2wd) is the slipper drive. It is the one area you are going to replace a lot.I went with the Caldera SC10E... It's 4WD and is very tough... I have been in a few races with other SC's and after a few 'bumps' the Caldera is fine, but the Traxxas 2WD and a Axial both went home with broken rear bearing carriers... lol

OH my.... that is one good looking RC :D So that was a Redcat huh?

XBENOOB

ChuenouXiao said:
OH my.... that is one good looking RC So that was a Redcat huh?
Yes...

You start with this...

Then you take the body from this...

Finally you take the back bumper and wing from this...

and you wind up with this...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts