• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tuning.

Dieselaw

Well i have gotten my new chimera running. I am doing the break in process now. I have done some reading and feel that my idle speed is set up well and i need to start looking into tuning the high speed needle. I currently run it and have consistent blue smoke from the exhaust and the engine doesn't seem to really open up, according to my untrained ears. Haha. I know i need to get it warmed up, and then lean out the needle in SMALL increments at a time. Ji was just hoping to get some tips or advice before i start the process. Then onto the low end needle and suspension tuning. Thx in advance for any and all advice!!!

Dieselaw

Assuming it starts and runs fine, im assuming the low end needle is close. But i need to address the high speed needle. It is starting to sound a little "bubbly" with more break in. Actually , im guessing, bogged down after running for 5-10 minutes. Once i get it closer i will b bugging u guys about the low end needle again. :)

Dieselaw

Thats great advice. I will be trying that out for sure. And just for anyone googling in the future.... I was running the car today ,and it has been running rich, and it eventually bogged down. So i brought it back in, leaned out the high end, and then it wouldn't idle. So i went through all the trouble shooting. Dead ends. I changed out the spark plug and it fired up and ran like a dream. So i guess the times of running rich fouled it up. Just glad my hunch fixed it. Got a good run in at the park!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts