• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tt5?

fastlane

Team Driver
how durable is this unit? I just want to know before I purchase tommorrow

kryptonite

well. the only mods i have/had on my TTruggy is motor/pipe throttle servo and MT shell. other then that it is complety stock. including plastic gears. simply installed the upgrade kit that it came with. i have about 8 gallons on it and am doing a complete rebuild on it now after some extreme abuse. the first couple times out i broke little things like stearing mount and went thru some gears and drive shafts. but once i got used to how it jumps and tumbles as well as doing the required maintonanace and set-up i have been able to keep it together with no problems. the biggest thing is learning how it jumps(much diffrent then 5b/5t and of course nitros).. i have had a few 5b's and they are tougher out of the box, but have their own handfull of issues. comparing it to other models (2wd or 4wd)in the same price range, the ramp over shoots itself in quality, durabilty, product support and over all fun factor(4wd is wild!). its not industructable or a plug-n-play. things will break and some things may seem to break easy, but their is simple and mostly free upgrades to all the little issues that you may run into. and if you do find that you are breaking certain things like stearing mounts a-arms or gears, you can always upgrade to alloy stuff at a fraction of the cost.

pros:

-we have a huge tire/rim selection as we can run hpi hubs and all their tire/rim combos

-good cy mill. same motor that comes with the 5b rtr

-lots of redcat alloy that holds up to extreme abuse.

-free ddm pipe. thats un heard of and really wakes up the stock motor

-upgrade kit comes with extra suspension arms and other usefull goodies.

-most quick fixes are free. just simple, "non-hacking" do it yourself stuff that really helps

-4wd.. need i say more?

cons:

-its not a plug-n-play. plan on disassembling half the rig to install your upgrade kit.(gear plate,f/r diffs, shock springs,suspension arms, side pipe and lock tite) its a good time if you really enjoy rcing. kind of like getting the old kits

-servos are junk! throttle servo is dangerous. stearing servo will hold up in the tt(if your lucky)

-the tt shell is ugly. even worse in person. the MT shells arent great eather.

here is a vid you might enjoy. some good spill that i drove away from

read this thread. there are links to all the great DIY mods that have helped us all in the past

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1728

fastlane

Team Driver
Man thanks for all of the info. I managed to get a v2 with the upgrades installed and a red cat tuned pipe. I also ordered a 29cc race ported big bore kit from DDM I look forward to runnin hard and fixin driver errors. I do like the truck body but its not a FORD! LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts