• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT5 to Desert Truck

fastlane

Team Driver
I am currently in the middle of a conversion. I have ordered a Pro Line Desert Rat body for my TT. I have already stripped away the stock roll cage and body. 3144gw5.jpg I am also waiting on a CPI pipe that is being fitted and tuned for my tt.

fastlane

Team Driver
11iiutz.jpg Tomorrow My cousin will be tig welding an aluminum roll cage for me. I will be keeping it very simple. I will post pics as soon as the cage is complete.

fastlane

Team Driver
207w9sg.jpg The one good thing going into building this cage is that I have successfully stiffened my chassis so I can build a cage the way I want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastlane

Team Driver
fits pretty good to me. Moo that's 7075 1/8" thick. I really is stiff I tried to flex it by hand and it wont budge. It handles better too. Cornering is more ridged.

fastlane

Team Driver
that looks killer. I was at auto zone yesterday and I found a metallic silver paint. Then I was at car quest and found some candy clear. I painted my savage body with the duplicolor datona yellow and had no problems.

fastlane

Team Driver
yeah for the t it is longer but the 5b body isn't as long. The 5t is 5.5" longer

hamster huey

I heard the same thing. Does that mean there are 2 desert rats now one shorter than the other? If so can you tell us part numbers for both?

fastlane

Team Driver
well the cage has been fun. I started with what I thought was 6061 and finished with steel. The aluminum wasn't liking the tig welder so we went to steel.

fastlane

Team Driver
body and paint still left. I think I'll go with a solid color.

fastlane

Team Driver
Had to buy another fuel tank. I poked another hole in another fuel tank!? Well I didn't my cousin did but he tigged my cage so I couldn't get upset. LOL I used rustolium hammered finish to paint my rear braces and my cage. That's some hard paint.

pwaicon

Looks really good fastlane, is the cage just for the rear or the truck. I have run the Asguard body on my Ramp, I wanted to try the Desert Rat but I already had a few Asguard bodies sitting around so I went with that for now. But after seeing the pic you posted of the black Desert Rat and Moo’s I am going to have to pick one up sooner rather than later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts